AMD desktop in the budget of $700

By kunjikaly
Oct 24, 2008
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I have a Monitor with me , looking for phenom x3, which one is best in my budget, suggest a good mobo with sufficient onboard graphics
    Thanking you
  2. Rage_3K_Moiz

Rage_3K_Moiz Sith Lord Posts: 7,280   +23

Why AMD? You can build an Intel system that is much more powerful for the same price.
  3. BorisandBailey

BorisandBailey TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 206

Why not AMD? I use AMD and it flips my pancakes quite nicely. Anyway, ASUS boards work very well with AMD processors. Instead of a particular make, I would look for something in the $100 to $139 range at an online store like Tiger Direct. Those are very good mid-range boards. Another board would be MSI.
  4. Rage_3K_Moiz

Only because Intel provides faster CPUs and a better upgrade path. Cost-wise, AMD still rules.
  5. BorisandBailey

BorisandBailey TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 206

That's true. If someone with a need for high-end graphics, production, or games, I would recommend Intel. AMD handles many of these things nicely but if you really want an edge, Intel is the ticket.
  6. kunjikaly

kunjikaly Newcomer, in training Topic Starter Posts: 75

Hi

I am looking for extra core and price is attractive,
    AMD Phenom 8650 Toliman 2.3GHz 3 x 512KB L2 Cache 2MB L3 Cache Socket AM2+ 95W Triple-Core Processor for 119$
    and BIOSTAR TFORCE TA790GX A2+ AM2+/AM2 AMD 790GX HDMI ATX AMD Motherboard . How good is Biostar.
  7. Rage_3K_Moiz

Most apps barely stress dual-cores now, let alone triple and quad-core ones. A faster dual-core will still be a better idea. But it's your choice.

Anyways, yep, that particular Biostar board is an excellent OCer and is an enthusiast-level board.
  8. kunjikaly

Thanks Boss

My present Location is Jubail, KSA. Is there any way to buy from Newegg.
  9. Rage_3K_Moiz

Nope, no chance. Try buying this motherboard instead with the Phenom 8650 from Fry's (that's where the motherboard link is from). I've ordered a number of items from them and they've arrived within two days of the order, perfectly packed.
  10. kunjikaly

Thanks

Thanks for the advice
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.