AMD Dual Core Optimizer won't execute

teklord

The AMD Dual Core Optimizer has stopped executing when it is supposed to be running. It is set to run on startup but exits out every time. I can't execute it when I run the executable either. I need it to run because games like Batman: Arkham Asylum and Street Fighter IV don't run well without. The difference is night and day with it running. Can anyone help me get this running again? Thanks all

Hey Tek, can you link to the Optimizer you are using? if its what I think it is, I'm not sure its even made for the current crop of Phenom II and Athlon II CPU's

that's what I thought it was. i am surprised it worked at all. Your probably not going to like this answer but as it is not meant for your cpu, getting to work...or at least reliably may be just shy of impossible. Batman Arkham is a game that responds to higher clock speeds. are you OC'ing while playing? Here is a Tom's article on Batman Arkham performance, it may give you some ideas on how to recapture the performance you lost when the DCO went south.
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/batman-arkham-asylum,2465-9.html

No, I wasn't OCing that is why it is so amazing that this program makes such a huge impact in performance. It isn't that way in all software but those games are coded to respond to DCO and boy do they ever. I went from constant 60 FPS @ max graphical settings w/max AA & AF to single digit FPS @ the same settings.

Did you find anything in the Tom's article that might help regain some performance in Arkham?

Back