AMD FX60 overheating :(

Hey guys, I am new to the site and forms. Thought it would be great if you could help me.
I have a few year old pc i built.
AMD FX60
ASUS A8N32 SLI DELUXE
CORSAIR 550W PSU
THERMALTAKE XASER Case

Recently my computer stopped working. After a lot of checks i found out it was the Stock AMD heatsink causing the problem. I use to have Blue orb by thermaltake but also not working. Anyways. So, i replace it with a Cooler Master Heatsink (something basic, but still should do the job).
Now the computer is heating up too 80 C.
I deaasembled the comp, took the motherboard out. Deassembled all heatsinks from it including Chipset Copper heatsinks. Cleaned circuits and motherboard overall thoroughly with ISOPropyl. Reapplied thermal grease ( Artic MX-4 ). Carefully assembled the motherboard back. Reaaplied thermal grease n all on the cpu & then ran the Motherboard out of the case with just the PSU and Memory.
STILL NO USE. It is still heat like a M****tha F****
If anybody can help, it would be great because i don't have money to build another high tech system.
Thank you in advance

Are you overclocking at all?

Check your voltages are correct.

Also what temp monitoring program do you use? 80c is very very high for that processor, 65c being the temp threshold.

:)

Thankx for the reply.
No, i didn't over clock at all.
I was able to repair it by well doing everything all over again. Rebuilding the PC, Reapplying proper thermal paste to the Blue Orb Heat sink and then making sure its proper.. It has been working great.
AMD FTW

Back