AMD launches three entry-level 6000-series OEM cards

By Matthew
Feb 7, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. AMD has launched three new entry-level graphics cards for system builders: the Radeon HD 6450, 6570 and 6670. All three are based on new 40nm graphics cores with the former being powered by a Caicos chip and the latter two using Turks GPUs.

Read the whole story
  2. occlusion

occlusion Newcomer, in training

Radeon HD6450 with 160 stream processor will be a good GPU. I remember my previous GPU Radeon HD3850 with 320 stream processor and it was very powerful hardware :)
  3. madboyv1

madboyv1 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 941   +42

Well, if they can output 1080p easily they could become popular for HTPCs since they are low profile as well as passively cooled.

At the same time, Ivy Bridge when that comes out will support display port and HDMI as well as DVI/VGA, so that might in the end be more useful (Sandybridge now can do 1080P video already through HDMI).
  4. fpsgamerJR62

fpsgamerJR62 Newcomer, in training Posts: 489

Given the recent confusion with AMD's product naming scheme, I wonder if the HD 6570 and 6670 are the actual successors of the HD 5570 and HD 5670. The 2 older 5000-series cards are actually quite decent entry level gaming cards. In fact, unless I'm mistaken, AMD's Mobility Radeon 5600 and 5700 series are actually based on the HD 5570 desktop part.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.