AMD, Nvidia release new graphics drivers

By Matthew
Mar 30, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. With the end of March drawing near, AMD has released its monthly driver update for Radeon graphics cards. Catalyst 11.3 doesn't offer much in the way of new features besides "seamless GPU compute support," and there are no individual application performance gains to speak of. That said, AMD has squashed a handful of bugs in Windows, including one on Windows 7 that caused tearing in Bioshock with Vsync and MLAA enabled, and another that crashed Need for Speed Shift on Windows XP.

Read the whole story
  2. spydercanopus

spydercanopus TechSpot Guru Posts: 802   +87

"Users are no longer required to install a separate 3D Vision Controller driver or CD driver."

Finally
  3. Don't forget the CAP's. They are for single gpu/card users as well. Latest is 11.3 http://www.rage3d.com/index.php?cat=75#newsid33975741
  4. WTH!!! Why the GTX 570 is not listed in the supported desktop products of this driver release???!!!
  5. Clrabbit

Clrabbit Newcomer, in training Posts: 90

HUGE WARNING for Photoshop users!
    ATI 5850 User here 11.3 and 11.4 both have gimped out the Smooth zooming in PS CS5

I tryed all kinds of things thinking, it may have been somthing else and all the new drivers packs and options. Then just downgraded to 11.2 everything is back to working 100%

I'd like to know from ATI 6xxx users if the same thing happend I was thinking about getting a 6870 upgrade and am now disgusted that AMD would gimp somthing like this just because it's not a firepro card.
  6. fpsgamerJR62

fpsgamerJR62 Newcomer, in training Posts: 489

I hope the 270 drivers will be getting the WHQL certification soon. Its been more than 2 months since Nvidia released the last unified WHQL driver.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.