AMD or Intel

Status
Not open for further replies.

BKLfarhang

Just need some advice.
Till now I have only used Intel processors. And I've just got a nice deal for a laptop with AMD.

Though I've had no problems with Intel, I'm open for change.

Just have a slight hesitation since I've never used AMD.
So I wanted your opinions. How does AMD fare when compared to Intel? Which one do you think is better? Will I have any problems with installing softwares? Should I stick with Intel? Does it really make a difference?

Thanks

The AMD processors are very good value for money. Especially their new Phenom II and Athlon II range seems to be doing really well at their price point.

You will not face any software compatibility issues with an AMD system. What work do you exactly intend on doing on the computer?

If you're going for a laptop, i'd say stick with intel, i personally own an amd proc laptop and it doesn't give very good battery life as well as it overheats like crazy. Intel on the otherhand runs cooler and gives better battery life. No you will not have problems installing softwares, it should be the same. Stick with intel!!

This Post Was Way Funnier Before You Edited It.....

If you're going for a laptop, i'd say stick with amd, i personally own an amd proc laptop and it doesn't give very good battery life as well as it overheats like crazy. Intel on the otherhand runs cooler and gives better battery life. No you will not have problems installing softwares, it should be the same. Stick with intel!!
You're obviously much better with a crack pipe than a typewriter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back