AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition review

By Julio Franco
Aug 13, 2009
Post New Reply
  1. Without any challenge to present at the Core i7 performance level, AMD is trying to pressure Intel in the value segment before their Core i5 CPUs make it to market.

Read the full review at:
    http://www.techspot.com/review/185-amd-phenom2-x4-965/

Please leave your feedback here.
  2. spikester48661

spikester48661 TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 103

good job AMD dam good job.
  3. JudaZ

JudaZ TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 292

yeah, maybe AMD cant fully compete with i7 ... but you sure get a lot of preformance for the small amount of money you pay for an AMD compared to intel.

Keep up the good job AMD
  4. Burty117

Burty117 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,363   +260

This is the fastest proccessor with the exeption of the core i7 line, nice job guys,

I think my new computer will be having one of these =)
  5. fullmetalvegan

fullmetalvegan TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 162

I was going to get one of these new Phenom's... but for long time investment I decided to go with an i7. Good performance for money though. AMD is doing pretty well lately. =]
  6. TomSEA

TomSEA TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,229   +314

Nice review - thanks! Be interesting to see how Intel handles their pricing in the near future.
  7. I agree great Job AMD on the 965BE keeping the pressure on Intel. Competition is good for all of us. I do think that the Q9550 must drop off of that $220 price point. I think $180 is a more reasonable price.
  8. why was 965 compared to i7 940 which is/was much more expensive ?
  9. red1776

red1776 Omnipotent Ruler of the Universe Posts: 5,847   +62

this review was not a price/performance review, at this point its about if AMD can put out a product that can compete with the I7 line...or the I5 for that matter.
  10. Steve

Steve TechSpot Staff Posts: 1,135   +276 Staff Member

So you are saying we should have failed to include it?
  11. May i know the current price of amd phenom 2 x4 965 BE and i7 940. does amd phenom 2 has inbuilt graphics card?
  12. Zilpha

Zilpha TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 349

You are about three years too late on this one. Check Newegg for prices.
  13. Route44

Route44 TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 12,109   +21

And, no the Phenom II does not have on-die graphics.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.