TechSpot

AMD Phenom X3 8550's usage level stays at 100%

1. My HP a6635 has an AMD Phenom X3 8550 CPU and recently I have noticed that at random moments when I'm using my CPU its usage level stays at around 90%-100% however the RAM usage stays at 45%.

To ensure that it wasn't because of a demanding program running I checked in Task Manager there were no Programs running and only a few processes were using the CPU.

At startup a cmd type window appears titled C:Users/username/AppData/Roaming/svhost.exe it stays for a while then more text appears then the window closes.

Please help.

2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 17,230   +232

Time to check for a virus or other malware infection. Free Comodo Internet Security and Superantispyware are good to start and stay with

3. secretassasin69

secretassasin69 TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 61

ok and where can i find these

4. Tmagic650

Just Google for them... Do you know how to use a search engine to find things on the Internet?

5. secretassasin69

secretassasin69 TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 61

yes i do know :) i just thought you could post some links as this wasn't the thing at the top of my list but it's alright thanks.

6. Tmagic650

It takes more time to post links, and spend a lot of time here. People like many different search engines. One of the worst is Bing and I prefer Google. Just type in the names I gave you and bingo there you go