TechSpot

AMD pushes new Athlon II and Phenom II processors

By Jos
Jan 25, 2010
  1. AMD is launching a handful of processors today aimed at offering good value for budget conscious buyers. The new lineup consists specifically of three Athlon II and two Phenom II parts -- in dual, triple and quad-core flavors -- all of which deliver slight clock bumps over their predecessors without pushing prices upward, thanks to improvements in Global Foundries' 45nm process.

Read the whole story

2. Whiffen

Whiffen TS Rookie Posts: 235

This almost scared me, as I just bought a Phenom II X4 955 3.2 GHz yesterday. I bought it thinking there would be no huge upgrades to there CPU's untill 2011 as there road map suggests. Anyway I'm glad to see there aren't to many significant changes to these.

If I forget about my purchase though I feel the opposite about it. Its good to see even more budget items and AMD strikes a great deal for there CPU's. I got my Phenom for 160$ CND! So I jumped on it rather than waiting and saving for an i7, along with new motherboard and memory. So it was a very easy upgrade for me. However I do wish AMD would release a new line of CPU's to compete or succeed with Intel's best again :)

3. unrealmp3

unrealmp3 TS Enthusiast Posts: 51

Nice to see some low-power Quad-Core coming from AMD.

4. Puiu

Puiu TS Evangelist Posts: 1,909   +530

Now AMD only needs to make their 6 core CPU successful. i really want to see how well it will perform compared to intel's core i9/i7/i5 series.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.