AMD releases Catalyst 11.10 final, squashes various bugs

By Matthew
Oct 31, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. AMD has finalized its Catalyst 11.10 drivers, which have been available in some form of hotfix or preview download since late September. Although today's release notes don't seem to mention…

Read the whole story
  2. LNCPapa

LNCPapa TS Special Forces Posts: 4,284   +262

Installing now - let's hope everything keeps functioning and things having issues get better.
  3. princeton

princeton TechSpot Addict Posts: 1,716

Installed it. Deferred AA performance still sucks in BF3 but it looks fine without AA so it's no problem.
  4. howzz1854

howzz1854 TechSpot Maniac Posts: 585   +79

does it fix the texture popping issue in RAGE?
  5. Mizzou

Mizzou TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 930

Just finished installing, thanks for the heads up.
  6. ghasmanjr

ghasmanjr TechSpot Booster Posts: 363   +86

Hopefully this fixes my crashing issue with Bad Company 2.
  7. ghasmanjr

ghasmanjr TechSpot Booster Posts: 363   +86

Nope. It still crashes every 10-15 minutes
  8. LNCPapa

LNCPapa TS Special Forces Posts: 4,284   +262

This fixes all the issues I had and doesn't seem to break anything else. Good set for me this time. Haven't gone through all my games yet but looks good so far.
  9. RAGE popin textures problem 100% resolved here.

dual 5770 crossfirex, they completely disabled crossfire support as far as I can tell, and im only using the 11.10 preview 3, I haven't installed the 11.10 final yet, I'll do it this morning.
  10. captainawesome

captainawesome TechSpot Guru Posts: 411   +42

Dude that might be your PSU - same thing was happening to me. Turns our my PSU was too inefficient. Unless you just have an older card - AMD and Nvidia don't really care about squashing bugs on the older cards.
  11. Sunny87

Sunny87 TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 120   +11

I would be looking into the fact this may be happening because of a problem that can't be fix with just a driver update, from the sounds of it you maybe getting an overheating issue or as stated you PSU is not providing enough power to your GPU and causing strain that will over heat the graphics card.

12. 11.10's are good. I've got a Phenom II 965 and a 5770 Vapor-X and I did see a noticeable increase in Battlefield 3 performance.
  13. After installing 11.10 as soon as the Catalyst Control Center loads my Desktop turns black w/ brown lines and needs a hard restart. Had to roll back the drivers to 11.3 to work. Using a Sapphire 5770.
  14. example1013

example1013 TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 280

Wait, you mean they seriously JUST fixed Dirt 2? Oh man, no wonder Nvidia is more popular.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.