TechSpot

AMD releases Catalyst 11.11 drivers, adds Flash 11 support

By Jos
Nov 16, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. AMD has issued a new release of its Catalyst graphics card drivers, bringing the package up to version 11.11. Where last month's 11.10 release was all about Battlefield 3 and…

Read the whole story

2. How do you upgrade Catalyst for E-series? The graphics part is integrated in the CPU, so I have a hard time figuring out just how to upgrade the driver (if that is what it is.)

3. Relic

Relic TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,392   +16

4. dedparrot

dedparrot TS Rookie Posts: 67

for quite a lot of people, skyrim is running like crap. me included.

i don't care about mods or whatever, i just want to play skyrim at a stable fps. my 2gb msi hd 6950 should be able to do this.

5. Vrmithrax

Vrmithrax TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,286   +232

Now we'll see how long it takes for Dell (and other OEMs) to incorporate this into their laptop drivers... Since it expressly states on the download pages for these drivers that they are not compatible with "Switchable Graphics" systems, guess I should wait...

6. Vrmithrax

Vrmithrax TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,286   +232

A couple of the guys here in my office just updated their E-series units... According to them, just click the Mobility link (and correct OS of course) provided and it updates fine. All stable (so far).

7. @Guest:

They have all their drivers hosted on http://support.amd.com. The easiest option is using the auto-detect option: http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/windows/Pages/auto_detect.aspx

8. If you have Steam, you can download your AMD drivers quick and easy. Just download Steam and use the update video drivers option in the steam menu. GL

9. Relic

Relic TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,392   +16

Sorry to hear, performance wise my system is doing quite well after some tweaks and mod improvements. My issues are with the constant crashing/freezing and missing textures =/ .

10. LNCPapa

LNCPapa TS Special Forces Posts: 4,341   +280

I haven't had a single crash in Skyrim yet - nor have I noticed any missing textures. I don't have any performance issues (though I have noticed dips into the 50s when it rains) and I'm not using any mods at the moment. Still running Cat 11.10, but I'll upgrade to these tonight.

11. howzz1854

howzz1854 TS Maniac Posts: 585   +79

just Curious, what kind of performance issues are you experiencing. Skyrim runs pretty well on my HD5850 / i7 system on max settings and 4XAA/16XAF. occasionally the frame rate will dip, and i've had a few random crash to desktop issues. other than that... the game runs quite smooth on those ultra settings. but i am just curious if your performance issue is more serious than what i've experience.

12. ZcTech

ZcTech TS Rookie

Hmm.... Was hoping for bf3 bug fixs and maybe squeeze a little performance out as well... Maybe next patch!

13. Ranger12

Ranger12 TS Guru Posts: 637   +117

hhhmmmm....Sounds like Skyrim is performing about as well as Fallout 3 and NV. I've never loved any other games that crashed so much.

14. whats wrong with SKYRIM? ive seen no graphic issues whatsoever, using a AMD 6870, what are you expecting??? lol. Its the same engine as Oblivion just modifed. Looks fine.

15. dedparrot

dedparrot TS Rookie Posts: 67

A quick visit to Bethesda forums will reveal that a lot of people are having performance issues. Most of these people have high end systems and i've read quite a few people who can't run the game without performance lag.

i'm currently running the game on high, with shadows turned down to low, object and actor fade slider turned down, no AA, 8XAF and FXAA on to replace AA. My fps fluctuates from 30 to 60. I've only visited Whiterun yet, and my fps drops to 30 there. BTW my cpu is i7 920.

16. LNCPapa

11.11 returned my Rage performance issues which disappeared with 11.10. I may revert to 11.10 since everything seemed to work just fine with those anyway.

17. LNCPapa

Reverted to 11.10 - Rage works fine again (no performance or texture issues) and Oblivion can once again launch. Not sure why I'm having issues with 11.11 since others seem to be running just fine with them.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.