AMD releases Catalyst 11.7 final, 11.8 preview drivers

By Matthew
Jul 27, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Sticking firm to its monthly release schedule, AMD has published the next complete build of its Catalyst driver suite along with a complimentary preview version. Catalyst 11.7 seems primarily focused…

Read the whole story
  2. Puiu

Puiu TechSpot Addict Posts: 1,035   +91

If only intel would also release new video drivers that actually improved gaming. Nice to see that AMD's drivers are actually getting better with time.
  3. why preview only for 64 bit?
  4. Mizzou

Mizzou TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 930

Just popped the HD 5870 back in the AMD rig, might as well get things back up to date.
  5. colinf

colinf Newcomer, in training Posts: 43   +7

been using the 11.7b hotfix for a couple of weeks now, have been quite stable...not sure i like the interface changes

only bug i had with my 6870 was they defaulted to the wrong Gpu/memory/2d speeds(clicking on default fixed it)
  6. doradhorror

doradhorror Newcomer, in training Posts: 36

7. Puiu

Puiu TechSpot Addict Posts: 1,035   +91

i agree.
    i also like kmplayer because it's ultra configurable.
  8. puiu - "If only intel would also release new video drivers that actually improved gaming. Nice to see that AMD's drivers are actually getting better with time."

Nvidia doesn't have half the problems that AMD was having with their cards in gaming. And what exactly were the "ION Driver v270.61 WHQL" then for that matter?
  9. PinothyJ

PinothyJ TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 429   +15

Because only cool kids use 64 bit machines…
  10. If you like KMPlayer then you will like PotPlayer even more which is heads and shoulders above the rest of the media players. If you have never heard of this player, it is the spiritual successor to KMPlayer and is being actively developed by the same person who founded KMPlayer. Give it a shot, you won't be disappointed.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.