TechSpot

AMD releases Catalyst 12.1, 12.2 preview, 8.921.2 RC11 drivers

By Matthew
Jan 25, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. AMD has fired a volley of updates at Radeon owners, including a new Microsoft-certified build (12.1), a preview of the next official release (12.2) and an early driver for theā€¦

Read the whole story

2. Sad. I'm stuck in 11.9 because anything newer will make BF3 multiplayer crash on start-up.

3. I am using new drivers and BF3 works great. Have also used all other drivers before these and BF3 ran without any problems. Don't think the drivers or BF3 is causing the problem. Something on your end obviously.

4. Yeah, guess 2, tell me that, after I spent 60 dollars on that game on release I'm still unable to play the multiplayer more than a 3 minutes max before it crash.

5. @Guest2
    This depends on what video card You have. I have HD4850 and as Guest1 has said everything after 11.9 only makes the things worse.

6. i have a hd3850, a hd4850 and a hd5850 in 3 of my pcs.
    never tested bf3 multiplayer with the hd3850, but it runs fine with 11.12 drivers in the pcs that have the hd4850 and the hd5850.

7. Hopefully this will fix some of my programs from crashing due to video problems.

8. bimboy56

bimboy56 TS Rookie

Hope this helps me get over my rage on RAGE >:)

9. Lionvibez

Lionvibez TS Enthusiast Posts: 620   +97

Dude something is wrong with your computer not the drivers.

i've not had any crashing on my machine and i've used all drivers since release.

10. LNCPapa

LNCPapa TS Special Forces Posts: 4,373   +289

I just installed the 12.2 (895) drivers this morning and plan to do some testing tonight. I'll be checking more for stability than performance increases. With 12.1a I had flickering problems with BFBC2 and resolution issues with GRID. Everything else seemed to work fine.

11. The problem with this article is that its info is 3 weeks old, as Catalyst 12.1 has been out since January 4th.

12. LNCPapa

LNCPapa TS Special Forces Posts: 4,373   +289

Here we go again... may wanna pay attention to detail when reading the article before shooting it down. The old 12.1 and 12.1a builds from 2-3 weeks ago were not Microsoft Certified builds. This article also mentioned one of the 12.2 builds that have released in the last few days.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.