AMD releases Catalyst 12.2 "pre-certified" driver

By Matthew
Feb 17, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. If you can't wait until the next official Catalyst build clears Microsoft's testing phase, AMD is offering a "pre-certified" version. Pre-release drivers are usually labeled as "preview," "beta" or  even…

Read the whole story
  2. ikesmasher

ikesmasher TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 1,883   +351

Good they are getting their game together. I can just now (downloaded 12.1 earlier) play skyrim in fullscreen.
  3. Arizonian

Arizonian Newcomer, in training

Since the 7970 release they just came out with an official 7900 series driver a couple days ago finally.

Pushed to get out a card where the software was actually unfinished to support their hardware released. Though why break their lousy driver streak?

I'm not sure having to disable ULPS, then juggle between Powertune, CCC and MSI Beta Afterburner to over clock is any success.

I gave some thought in upgrading but immediately after release the issues cropped up and I decide to hold off. Glad I did.

Technically the launch should have been two days ago for AMD. Give them kudos though because this time around they had beta testers give $570 to do it for them. ;)

Great card, sweet performance when working, but terrible way to start off a flagship card immaturely. Turns people off. I wouldn't down load any 'per-certified' driver from AMD.
  4. Darth Shiv

Darth Shiv TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 1,147   +172

Had to use a rc driver before and had no major issues apart from power management but no problems in game. Very happy new drivers are finally here.
  5. theruck

theruck Newcomer, in training Posts: 44

certified or not. there will be issues anyway...
  6. hahahanoobs

hahahanoobs TechSpot Booster Posts: 956   +96

Sapphire Trixx does not like this driver. Had to go back to the 12.2 Previews.
  7. Darth Shiv

Currently using the driver and haven't encountered issues but yet to try Trixx.
  8. Darth Shiv

What about Trixx didn't work for you?
  9. Ranger1st

Ranger1st TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 265   +77

does this driver solve the hydra issue with full screen flash not staying in the predefined borders?
  10. I've had problems with the HIS 6670 using new AMD/ATI drivers, works best just using the release from the HIS site.
  11. Renrew

Renrew TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 237   +17

Great, I downloaded this update and now I get pixellated shadows in Skyrim.

12. hahahanoobs

hahahanoobs TechSpot Booster Posts: 956   +96

The core and memory slider were missing.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.