AMD releases completed Catalyst 10.4 drivers

By Matthew
Apr 28, 2010
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AMD has cut loose the latest official Catalyst driver update, bringing numerous enhancements and fixes (PDF) -- some of which you may already be enjoying with one of the 10.4 preview releases. The completed version officially squashes one bug that caused the Windows cursor to appear enlarged. Another caused Battlefield 2: Bad Company maps to load unusually slow.

Read the whole story
  2. Puiu

Puiu TechSpot Booster Posts: 991   +82

Does this new driver improve 2D performance? They still have a lot of work there (including nvidia).
  3. red1776

red1776 Omnipotent Ruler of the Universe Posts: 5,847   +64

I had read that this release was going to have 2D performance improvements, however I did not see any reference to that in the 10.4 release notes.
  4. There is mention in issues resolved for windows 7:
    Performance on 2D applications and benchmarks has now been fixed
  5. Yad

Yad Newcomer, in training Posts: 41

Downloaded and installing.
    Let's see.
  6. Well, i don't about this update, my friend had a 5870 and when he updated, he could not able to run a single game properly, it just wouldn't load.
  7. Yad

Yad Newcomer, in training Posts: 41

No problems like that here.
    Radeon 5770 though.
    Played Dragon Age for hours and no problem at all.
  8. i have problems about this update. I can't load the CCC when I launch it... Any ideas?!
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.