AMD says Evergreen availability to improve in the coming weeks

By Matthew
Oct 20, 2009
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. When AMD's Radeon HD 5000-series "Evergreen" GPUs hit the streets last month, it quickly became apparent that the company rushed its new DirectX 11-enabled graphics cards to market. AMD simply didn't have enough units to go around and getting your paws on an HD 5870 was very difficult. Today, the pickings are still pretty slim with no 5850 or 5870 cards in stock at Newegg and many other major e-tailers, but AMD says that will change -- in time.

Read the whole story
  2. mailpup

mailpup TS Special Forces Posts: 8,276   +176

Sometimes I see 5000 series cards available at Newegg, ZZF or Directron but they come and go. You never know what might be in at any given time.
  3. There's quite a few 5870 from different companies on www.ncixus.com
  4. Matthew

Matthew TechSpot Staff Topic Starter Posts: 6,019   +83 Staff Member

5. i guess noone at techspot looks at tigerdirect.com lots of 4870' and 4890's and few 5870's here link to one of them http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=5271080&CatId=3669

i have his 4870x2 great card runs a little warm at full load but great card half the cost of new 5870 to.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.