AMD says to follow Reddit's advice if you've got USB connectivity issues

mongeese

Staff
In a nutshell: A fortnight ago, AMD acknowledged the swell of complaints surrounding sporadic USB disconnections on X570 and B550 motherboards. They’ve had engineers working on the problem since, but without success: for now, AMD’s official guidance is to employ the workarounds suggested on Reddit.

For the past two weeks, AMD has been collecting user reports to clear up some of the ambiguity. From the public posts on Reddit, it’s only possible for us to paint a picture of the problem in the broadest strokes: in systems pairing 500-series motherboards with 5000-series or 3000-series Ryzen CPUs, USB devices can suddenly disconnect or suffer from interference. But the issues seem to occur most frequently in systems with RTX 3000-series GPUs and high-bandwidth devices, according to some Redditors’ collation efforts.

In other words, the problem could be related to the amount of data flowing between components. Some workarounds proposed on Reddit try to reduce the volume of data flowing, by switching the system to PCIe 3.0, for example, or by disabling dispensable ports/devices. Another workaround, disabling global C-states (which is the CPU’s version of sleep), is an attempt to improve the system’s ability to handle the data.

One Redditor, fed up with an unusable system, asked AMD to refund their CPU. In their email declining the refund, AMD recommended updating the motherboard’s software, and if the issue persisted, to try disabling C-states and switching the system to PCIe 3.0.

AMD has since officialized the advice. In their words:

1. Verify that your motherboard is updated to the latest BIOS version and configured using optimized/factory default settings. Check your motherboard manufacturer’s website for BIOS update and download instructions.
  2. Check if your Windows 10 is on the latest build and fully up to date. For information on updating Windows 10, please refer to Microsoft article: Update Windows 10
  3. Ensure that the Ryzen chipset driver from AMD is installed and up to date. Latest Ryzen chipset driver version is 2.13.27.501 and can be downloaded here.

And if that fails, then "consider using either of the following workaround:"

1. Set PCIe mode from Gen4/Auto to Gen 3 in the BIOS
  2. Disable Global C-States in the BIOS

In their email, AMD reiterates that their "engineering team is actively investigating this issue with high priority." While AMD’s deference to the community doesn’t say good things about their engineering team, at least they’re humble enough to recommend advice that works.

Permalink to story.

AMD should refund whoever ask them for a refund: What they're asking now is to limit the user and not take advantage of functionality they paid for: If other users want to wait for a fix that's fine, but refund anyone asking you to.

It's a shame that every single story like this is basically punctuated by blatant consumer abuse.

EDIT: Someone mentioned they're behind at least one of the cases referred by the article and clarified that AMD actually did acknowledged a refund should be an option to be handled by the retailer. This changes a lot of the further discussion (Since at best I could only say AMD shouldn't need to be pushed on the issue but that's usually part of the basic training for any help desk rep when dealing with refunds, cancellations, etc. To softly push back at least once and then acknowledge refunds and such) I thought it would be a good idea to mention this, check the full post at the end of the thread:

AMD replied that a repair is currently in the works. Replacement does not make sense because it will not make the issue go away. And if I want a refund I should contact the store I bought it from

Last edited:
I have all the things they say make it most likely to occur (x570, 5950 and 3090) and have had zero issues. Just lucky probably - although my BIOS, chipsets etc are all up to date too.

If AMD had any shred of professionalism they would support their own products rather than cheaping out and fobbing off users to Reddit and they should absolutely refund customers who are suffering from the fault they have already acknowledged. It is absolutely despicable that a multi billion dollar American corporation can get away with this. They admit there is an issue then refuse refunds and tell everyone to just go on Reddit and listen to the unregulated cretins that dwell on there!? This is extremely “anti-consumer” behaviour.

I am suffering from this issue, I don’t have an RTX 3000 part but I do have a 2000 part and a PCIe4 M2. Fortunately I don’t want a refund, my usb devices cut out randomly every now and then, quite infrequently in fairness. That isn’t worth the hassle of switching to Intel.

So what that means is that I’m stuck looking for help on Reddit, after paying AMD a premium over the Intel (who do support their own products) to own a 5000 series CPU. Absolutely disgusting behaviour from AMD.

If AMD had any shred of professionalism they would support their own products rather than cheaping out and fobbing off users to Reddit and they should absolutely refund customers who are suffering from the fault they have already acknowledged. It is absolutely despicable that a multi billion dollar American corporation can get away with this. They admit there is an issue then refuse refunds and tell everyone to just go on Reddit and listen to the unregulated cretins that dwell on there!? This is extremely “anti-consumer” behaviour.

I am suffering from this issue, I don’t have an RTX 3000 part but I do have a 2000 part and a PCIe4 M2. Fortunately I don’t want a refund, my usb devices cut out randomly every now and then, quite infrequently in fairness. That isn’t worth the hassle of switching to Intel.

So what that means is that I’m stuck looking for help on Reddit, after paying AMD a premium over the Intel (who do support their own products) to own a 5000 series CPU. Absolutely disgusting behaviour from AMD.
what happend to the old good RMA? now if they admit the fault it should be easy to return

AMD should refund whoever ask them for a refund: What they're asking now is to limit the user and not take advantage of functionality they paid for: If other users want to wait for a fix that's fine, but refund anyone asking you to.

It's a shame that every single story like this is basically punctuated by blatant consumer abuse.

Why? Why should AMD refund anything? There is no proof problem is AMD hardware or drivers.

What AMD has acnowledged? AMD said they are investigating issue but still cannot say What is causing issue? Just because there is issue does not mean it's AMD's fault in any way.

AMD is unable to replicate problem so probably problem is somewhere else people think it is. Or this is another Intel fueled smear campaign.

what happend to the old good RMA? now if they admit the fault it should be easy to return

AMD didn't admit anything.

AMD is aware of reports that a small number of users are experiencing intermittent USB connectivity issues reported on 500 Series chipsets.

AMD didn't admit problem is on AMD hardware or software.

Why? Why should AMD refund anything? There is no proof problem is AMD hardware or drivers.

The product doesn't works as advertised, that's reason enough. If we could determine that this is an issue specific to the motherboard then the mobo manufacturer would carry that burden and we might yet still find out that to be true in the future we don't know for sure at this point.

However if the mobo manufacturers can point to say, a 3800x and say "use this chip and all the funtionality will work as advertised" then it just became AMD's problem. Plus it's on AMD's best interest to not pass it on to the motherboard manufacturers unless they can prove the issue is related to their board design and custom chipsets and not the AMD microcode and chipset specifications. It is my (limited) understanding from the description of the problem and the scope that the later is the case and this is an issue with AMD CPUs and the chipset or it's microcode which is built around AMD's specification so, it's on them.

Lastly, I can concede that AMD could very easily just point the users to the retailer to obtain a refund and then they would deal with the returns however they'd like to, but refusing to even discuss it (As it's implied, but I am of course not certain of this) means they don't want to start getting a lot of chips returned to them from retailers because of this issue.

With a mb with 570 chipset I had latency issues (not just a feeling they had measured with latencymon) when I had update the bios to the latest agesa 1.2.0.0. But the problem fixed when I tweaked some parameters in bios and the latency disappeared (again measured with latencymon). The pci4 (not have pci4 card) and global c states are on in bios. So it seems its about one of the default values of the bios which is causing the latency (because when you update bios it reset the parameters) and not a bug in code. Unfortunately I don’t know which parameter did the trick because I changed many at once. But people are not wrong to complain because that latency was very annoying.

The product doesn't works as advertised, that's reason enough. If we could determine that this is an issue specific to the motherboard then the mobo manufacturer would carry that burden and we might yet still find out that to be true in the future we don't know for sure at this point.

However if the mobo manufacturers can point to say, a 3800x and say "use this chip and all the funtionality will work as advertised" then it just became AMD's problem. Plus it's on AMD's best interest to not pass it on to the motherboard manufacturers unless they can prove the issue is related to their board design and custom chipsets and not the AMD microcode and chipset specifications. It is my (limited) understanding from the description of the problem and the scope that the later is the case and this is an issue with AMD CPUs and the chipset or it's microcode which is built around AMD's specification so, it's on them.

Most products don't work as advertised today tbh. People want cheap and easy to say what follows from that.

Motherboard manufacturers have so far told nothing about issue. We have no idea if it's AMD's problem or even board manufacturer's problem. It may well be something very exotic (operating system, PSU etc etc).

Lastly, I can concede that AMD could very easily just point the users to the retailer to obtain a refund and then they would deal with the returns however they'd like to, but refusing to even discuss it (As it's implied, but I am of course not certain of this) means they don't want to start getting a lot of chips returned to them from retailers because of this issue.

Refund for what? CPU? Motherboard? AMD could offer refunds for CPU, but if it doesn't solve issue, then what it's worth? Same for motherboards, AMD could offer refunds for motherboards and then user buys another AMD motherboard but problem is still there. And if later it's discovered problem was not AMD's at all, then there was no reason for refunds at all.

I wouldn't be surprised if PSU's are problem since C6 power state is reported to be one workaround.

With a mb with 570 chipset I had latency issues (not just a feeling they had measured with latencymon) when I had update the bios to the latest agesa 1.2.0.0. But the problem fixed when I tweaked some parameters in bios and the latency disappeared (again measured with latencymon). The pci4 (not have pci4 card) and global c states are on in bios. So it seems its about one of the default values of the bios which is causing the latency (because when you update bios it reset the parameters) and not a bug in code. Unfortunately I don’t know which parameter did the trick because I changed many at once. But people are not wrong to complain because that latency was very annoying.

Yes, this is one. Leaving BIOS on default values after BIOS update might cause interesting things.

AMD have “acknowledged” the issue. If they were a decent company they would refund on an RMA. It allow retailers to do so. But it looks like that if you RMA a 5000 series part because of this AMD will post it back to you with a note telling you to just go on Reddit who could tell you anything but seemingly the consensus is you need to downgrade to PCIe3.

It’s absolutely unacceptable behaviour. Of course, despite this, the AMD defence league is already here on this thread defending their honour.

Last edited:
AMD have “acknowledged” the issue. If they were a decent company they would refund on an RMA. It allow retailers to do so. But it looks like that if you RMA a 5000 series part because of this AMD will post it back to you with a note telling you to just on on Reddit.

It’s absolutely unacceptable behaviour. Of course, despite this, the AMD defence league is already here on this thread defending their honour.

Why should AMD take back 5000-series CPU since there is zero evidence problem is on CPU?

Most products don't work as advertised today tbh. People want cheap and easy to say what follows from that.

Motherboard manufacturers have so far told nothing about issue. We have no idea if it's AMD's problem or even board manufacturer's problem. It may well be something very exotic (operating system, PSU etc etc).

Yes I do realize this, I even alluded to this on my original post and in case it wasn't clear, just because most products never work as advertised doesn't means AMD gets a pass here: it's wrong when AMD, intel, Nvidia, Apple, Microsoft, etc. Do it, AMD just happens to be the current topic.

Refund for what? CPU? Motherboard? AMD could offer refunds for CPU, but if it doesn't solve issue, then what it's worth? Same for motherboards, AMD could offer refunds for motherboards and then user buys another AMD motherboard but problem is still there. And if later it's discovered problem was not AMD's at all, then there was no reason for refunds at all.

There's a misunderstanding here: whenever or not the problem is ultimately poor design on AMD or some other issues discovered later, the lead designer of the platform here remains AMD so if there was insufficient testing done that did not catch and corrected this particular issue, then it's on AMD since nobody forced them to release a product before they had opportunity to conduct sufficient testing both for their products and those they certify as working with their products to their partners.

Nobody said launching computer platforms to the public was easy or risk free or that is unfair that maybe cost cutting measures from AMD partners are ultimately making AMD look bad, but that's the nature of the platform AMD themselves decided they wanted to release to the public and support. It is not unreasonable to expect AMD to assume responsibility before the actual issue can be determined.

Again this goes back to my overall point: all of this should be just the most basic principles of consumer advocacy but a big part of the tech community is far too uncritical of issues like to follow faulty logic that benefits AMD and not the consumers: AMD released a product, it's not performing as expected but we cannot determine if AMD is at fault or not, henceforth we shouldn't demand AMD accepts refunds.

See how that is entirely AMD centric? By the very nature of that statement, it throws consumers under the bus. The consumer bought a product and the issue appears to be related to the entire platform and not just some specific product, henceforth the developer of the entire platform must answer for a faulty product whomever might be ultimately at fault, and the consumer should have the grievance of a faulty product resolved in accordance to the spirit and letter of all consumer protection laws on their region.

That statement is consumer facing and is the one we should be interested in, not a statement trying to defend AMD who has many more billions to absorve or resolve the issues vs single consumers who are just left with a faulty or even unusable platform because of AMD's failure to address the problem or issue a refund.

Last edited:
Why should AMD take back 5000-series CPU since there is zero evidence problem is on CPU?
If disabling CPU C states and PCIe 4.0 from the CPU helps to fix the problem, which is what reddit claims and AMD is now endorsing, then that indicates a CPU fault, these reports all swelled after the release of the 5000 series, indicating its likely tied to either the CPU or the AGESA BIOS releases for 5000 support that are now also affecting 3000 series.

The issue could be larger then it is, involving more of product lineup because on my case the problem with external usb nvme adapter happen with one threadripper and two ryzen 4800 laptop. That adapter work perfectly in an i9 10850k system.

There is quite a lot of evidence that the problem is on the CPU actually. It only seems to have appeared after the 5000 series was released, these boards did not have these issues prior to this apparently.

Look mate, consumers are buying AMD products and are having issues and getting a bad experience. You as a resident AMD defence league member should be extremely concerned that AMD has turned its back on those users. However you seem to be on here defending AMD abandoning these people. Why? They don’t pay you. If AMD can’t resolve this issue, then many who suffer from it will never give AMD their patronage again. Surely as a fanboy you don’t want that?

Yes I do realize this, I even alluded to this on my original post and in case it wasn't clear, just because most products never work as advertised doesn't means AMD gets a pass here: it's wrong when AMD, intel, Nvidia, Apple, Microsoft, etc. Do it, AMD just happens to be the current topic.

We still don't know if it's AMD problem at all...

There's a misunderstanding here: whenever or not the problem is ultimately poor design on AMD or some other issues discovered later, the lead designer of the platform here remains AMD so if there was insufficient testing done that did not catch and corrected this particular issue, then it's on AMD since nobody forced them to release a product before they had opportunity to conduct sufficient testing both for their products and those they certify as working with their products to their partners.

Nobody said launching computer platforms to the public was easy or risk free or that is unfair that maybe cost cutting measures from AMD partners are ultimately making AMD look bad, but that's the nature of the platform AMD themselves decided they wanted to release to the public and support. It is not unreasonable to expect AMD to assume responsibility before the actual issue can be determined.

Only few people of millions have reported problems. Hard to blame about not testing etc since most people seen to have no problems.

What kind of responsibility AMD should take? There is not even single Proof there is Something wrong. Few people writing something on internet is not proof something is wrong. Sad but true. What exactly AMD should do about this they haven't already done? AMD could well say there is no problem and it's user error. With information available that would be pretty much OK.

See how that is entirely AMD centric? By the very nature of that statement, it throws consumers under the bus. The consumer bought a product and the issue appears to be related to the entire platform and not just some specific product, henceforth the developer of the entire platform must answer for a faulty product whomever might be ultimately at fault, and the consumer should have the grievance of a faulty product resolved in accordance to the spirit and letter of all consumer protection laws on their region.

That statement is consumer facing and is the one we should be interested in, not a statement trying to defend AMD who has many more billions to absorve or resolve the issues vs single consumers who are just left with a faulty or even unusable platform because of AMD's failure to address the problem or issue a refund.

Appears, right. There are countless amount of problems with PC's that Appear to be problem with part X if we just believe what someone writes on internet. Quite often problem is elsewhere. Again, there is basically nothing better AMD could do at this point. No, refunds that won't even solve problem is not solution.

Once again, you assume problem is AMD's. We still don't know where problem is. If problem gets identified later and it's not AMD at all, then what? AMD should do now everything possible to solve problem that is not AMD's problem?

If disabling CPU C states and PCIe 4.0 from the CPU helps to fix the problem, which is what reddit claims and AMD is now endorsing, then that indicates a CPU fault, these reports all swelled after the release of the 5000 series, indicating its likely tied to either the CPU or the AGESA BIOS releases for 5000 support that are now also affecting 3000 series.

According to "reddit reports", problems also happen with PCIe 3.0 devices and AGESA's that won't support 5000-series CPU's. Assuming those reports are correct, there is something else here.

CPU power saving states should have no effect when talking about chipset connected USB ports.

There is quite a lot of evidence that the problem is on the CPU actually. It only seems to have appeared after the 5000 series was released, these boards did not have these issues prior to this apparently.

Look mate, consumers are buying AMD products and are having issues and getting a bad experience. You as a resident AMD defence league member should be extremely concerned that AMD has turned its back on those users. However you seem to be on here defending AMD abandoning these people. Why? They don’t pay you. If AMD can’t resolve this issue, then many who suffer from it will never give AMD their patronage again. Surely as a fanboy you don’t want that?

Like I said above, these problems seem to happen with motherboards that have no Ryzen 5000-series support at all. Also many 5000-series CPU owners have none of these problems.

There is no single proof this is AMD's problem. Until there is, AMD cannot do much about it. If there is really problem with AMD, then problem should be much more widespread. It's very limited and AMD also have difficulties to determine what exactly is wrong so blaming AMD is just stupid at this point.

Basically some people say AMD should admit there are "problems" they cannot reproduce or solve. While only source for these "problems" are few writings on internet :D

According to "reddit reports", problems also happen with PCIe 3.0 devices and AGESA's that won't support 5000-series CPU's. Assuming those reports are correct, there is something else here.
Yes, there is clearly a problem here, which is why AMD saying "listen to reddit while we figure it out" is rather frustrating. Can you imagine if Intel did that?

CPU power saving states should have no effect when talking about chipset connected USB ports.
And yet, this is one of the solutions that reddit has that AMD is now endorsing. Hmmmmmm.....

Of course, if these CPU power states were interfering with the onboard PCIe controller, then this WOULD cause communication issues with anything plugged into the system, including things plugged into the chipset.

Like I said above, these problems seem to happen with motherboards that have no Ryzen 5000-series support at all. Also many 5000-series CPU owners have none of these problems.

There is no single proof this is AMD's problem. Until there is, AMD cannot do much about it. If there is really problem with AMD, then problem should be much more widespread. It's very limited and AMD also have difficulties to determine what exactly is wrong so blaming AMD is just stupid at this point.

Basically some people say AMD should admit there are "problems" they cannot reproduce or solve. While only source for these "problems" are few writings on internet :D
"most users dont have problems" has never been a proper excuse for not addressing an issue. Hey, remember Navi and it's driver and downclocking issues? People across the interest said "well most of us are not having issues" to that too, and yet once tech news picked up on it, like clockwork, AMD admitted there were issues with Navi's drivers negatively affecting performance. Same with frame pacing issues years ago "well most users dont have issues" was the line given until Nvidia released FCAT, then magically AMD started fixing the issue. Or the driver stability issues that plagued GCN for years that were blamed on "user error" until polaris where AMD admitted their drivers were total rubbish and needed fixed. I could bring up the instability issues with the FX 9000 series and AMD's constant breaking of 16 bit OpenGL code from catalyst 13.7 up until somewhere in 2019 as well.

This is a pattern with AMD, ignore a problem until the complaining gets too loud to ignore. Now watch, give it a few months, more reports and tech sites will come out about this issue, and AMD will admit there is some sort of code problem they are just now fixing. If this isnt a CPU related issue, or even if it is, telling people to rely on reddit posts to fix their problems reeks of both doubt in supporting their own products and inability to define what the actual issue is, and no matter how hard it is to find the real issue, these are not doubts you want to hear from a company trying to sell you $500+ CPUs. Such a response from intel or nvidia would be considered absolutely unacceptable by the community, AMD shouldnt get a free pass. Especially given how delayed B550 was, there really shouldnt be disconnect issues like this popping up, only after the 5000 series launched.

Yes, there is clearly a problem here, which is why AMD saying "listen to reddit while we figure it out" is rather frustrating. Can you imagine if Intel did that?

Considering Intel's Linux graphic support in the past, why not.

Again, what else AMD could do? They don't know where problem is. What Intel would do if they have claims about problems they have no clue about where it is? Just admit there is problem but no idea where and not solutions for it? Difference on what AMD does now is, what?

And yet, this is one of the solutions that reddit has that AMD is now endorsing. Hmmmmmm.....

Of course, if these CPU power states were interfering with the onboard PCIe controller, then this WOULD cause communication issues with anything plugged into the system, including things plugged into the chipset.

Agreed. That's why I said "should". Everything is possible of course. It's also possible that "sleeping" CPU cores cause problems. Some reports say external USB card solved problem but other reports say it did not. Also CPU powered USB ports "should" not have problems if it's PCIe related (from CPU to chipset).

"most users dont have problems" has never been a proper excuse for not addressing an issue. Hey, remember Navi and it's driver and downclocking issues? People across the interest said "well most of us are not having issues" to that too, and yet once tech news picked up on it, like clockwork, AMD admitted there were issues with Navi's drivers negatively affecting performance. Same with frame pacing issues years ago "well most users dont have issues" was the line given until Nvidia released FCAT, then magically AMD started fixing the issue. Or the driver stability issues that plagued GCN for years that were blamed on "user error" until polaris where AMD admitted their drivers were total rubbish and needed fixed. I could bring up the instability issues with the FX 9000 series and AMD's constant breaking of 16 bit OpenGL code from catalyst 13.7 up until somewhere in 2019 as well.

This is a pattern with AMD, ignore a problem until the complaining gets too loud to ignore. Now watch, give it a few months, more reports and tech sites will come out about this issue, and AMD will admit there is some sort of code problem they are just now fixing. If this isnt a CPU related issue, or even if it is, telling people to rely on reddit posts to fix their problems reeks of both doubt in supporting their own products and inability to define what the actual issue is, and no matter how hard it is to find the real issue, these are not doubts you want to hear from a company trying to sell you $500+ CPUs. Such a response from intel or nvidia would be considered absolutely unacceptable by the community, AMD shouldnt get a free pass. Especially given how delayed B550 was, there really shouldnt be disconnect issues like this popping up, only after the 5000 series launched.

Those are good points but almost every manufacturer have comparable problems too. It's not excuse but since every manufacturer have problems, customers just have to accept nothing is perfect. Of course customers could demand better but how many are actually prepared to pay more for "better" quality?

AMD says Reddit advice are best way trying to solve problem while they determine what it actually is. Once again: if you were AMD, what would you do better. Refund? No, problem may be elsewhere. Tell where problem is? Hard to tell something you don't know. Total silence? Perhaps this would be best choice. Something else?

Such response from Intel would be considered OK because it's Intel and problem should be elsewhere. Same about Nvidia. B550 was delayed because it was not made by AMD but ASMedia. X570 chipset is exactly same chip as Ryzen's IO chip. B550 is different product from different company.

According to reports, these problems still exists on systems that have no support for 5000-series CPU's. Also good to remember this could well be software issue (outside AMD).

Funny enough I had this exact same issue on an old FX6350 and AM3 board. Could it be a longtime undiscovered problem?

Are you actually aware of the facts here? The issue is with AMD products and AMD have announced they are working on a fix. They are saying it’s their issue!

But here you are pathetically defending them. You really can’t bear to hear criticism against that beloved corporation of yours can you? Maybe you can tell us how AMD are working on a fix despite it not being their problem to fix?

Oh and AMD not being able to replicate the issue tells us more about AMDs support teams than it does about the issue itself at this point.

Mate, I really hope that company is paying you something to get you to continue to humiliate yourself on here..

Are you actually aware of the facts here? The issue is with AMD products and AMD have announced they are working on a fix. They are saying it’s their issue!

AMD said they have noticed reports and are investigating them. AMD did NOT say there are known issues with AMD products OR they are working on a fix.

But here you are pathetically defending them. You really can’t bear to hear criticism against that beloved corporation of yours can you? Maybe you can tell us how AMD are working on a fix despite it not being their problem to fix?

Again, they are NOT working on a fix:

Our engineering team is activity investigating this issue with high priority and we will provide an update once a fix is available.

There is nothing to fix until they know how to fix. Additionally AMD does not say fix comes from their side. Fix could be also something outside AMD.

Oh and AMD not being able to replicate the issue tells us more about AMDs support teams than it does about the issue itself at this point.

Mate, I really hope that company is paying you something to get you to continue to humiliate yourself on here..

It basically tells problem is hard to reproduce. Problem is: according to reports, many users have no problems. Only small amount of users have problems at all. If every 500-series motherboard and every 5000-series CPU's have same problem, then it's quite easy to say what problem is. Because only small fraction of combinations have problems AMD has to get one before they can move forward. Not so easy.

I have worked on tech support and many times creating workaround is much easier than solving actual problem. Because even solving what actually is causing problem is often ultra hard.

Or it could be something as *****ic as Windows mishanding some interrupt requests on PCIe4 on the AMD platform leading to piling of latency until a perpipheral is timed-out. It can be anything! Old-school people surely remember IRQ conflicts back in the day, what didwedo then to mitigate? Disable unused peripherals, disable power saving, anything tto reduce bus traffic until we figured out on forums it was (most often) the crap Creative drivers.
If AMD addresses it now, that's way more than what used to be the accepted practice a few years ago - doing nothing.

Or it could be something as *****ic as Windows mishanding some interrupt requests on PCIe4 on the AMD platform leading to piling of latency until a perpipheral is timed-out. It can be anything! Old-school people surely remember IRQ conflicts back in the day, what didwedo then to mitigate? Disable unused peripherals, disable power saving, anything tto reduce bus traffic until we figured out on forums it was (most often) the crap Creative drivers.
If AMD addresses it now, that's way more than what used to be the accepted practice a few years ago - doing nothing.
Nonsense. I have exactly the same things I had on my 9900k which NEVER had a single usb disconnect issue as my 5950x setup has
Stop making up excuses for AMD. Fanboys do not help anyone.
If this was Intel making such a statement to disable stuff, you will be burning them at the stake!

Back