Asus promo offers UK customers cashback on Radeon 7000 GPUs

Jimmy2x

Staff
In context: GPU manufacturers are always looking for new ways to increase sales and offload excess product. On Friday, Asus unveiled a new cashback rewards program offering UK customers up to £85 back on qualifying Radeon GPU purchases. While the prospect of free money is always a tempting proposition, the question remains: is the cashback promotion enough to draw potential GPU customers to Asus' Team Red product lines?

Posted on Friday, the Asus promotion page describes the new cashback incentive program and identifies eligible Radeon RX 7000 series GPUs from the TUF and Dual lineups. The list of eligible GPU models from each extends from the flagship TUF 7900 XTX 24GB down to the Asus Dual RX 7600 8GB.

According to the list of offers, the incentives range from over 8% of the purchase price of a TUF 7900XTX to as much as 12.5% cashback on the Dual 7600.

The total savings for each card, which in this case refers to the new GPU's purchase price minus the cashback promotion allowance, will vary based on vendor pricing, shipping, and availability.

Unfortunately limited to UK customers only, the terms and conditions for this promotion details the eligible shops and partners:

• Scan.co.uk
  • Overclockers.co.uk
  • Amazon.co.uk
  • Ebuyer.com
  • Awd-it.co.uk
  • Argos.co.uk
  • Currys.co.uk
  • Novatech.co.uk
  • Very.co.uk
  • The ASUS UK Store

The terms and conditions state that the validation process to claim the Radeon cashback rewards can take up to 20 working days. If the submission passes all validation checks, the participant will receive his bonus within 90 working days.

In addition to the Radeon cashback promotion, eligible users can submit product reviews via Asus Rate My Gear promotions. Selected submissions will be eligible to receive an additional £25 in cashback rewards. In order to qualify for the additional rewards, submitted reviews must be considered Qualifying Reviews, meaning each submission must contain:

• A minimum of three sentences and at least one video or photo;
  • Product-related and formulated in an understandable way; and
  • Each qualifying review will be rewarded, regardless of rating.

The AMD VGA Cashback promotion is scheduled to run from March 1 through March 31, 2024. During that time, any eligible Asus Radeon 7000-series cards purchased can be redeemed for the corresponding cashback amount.

Permalink to story.

Are we looking at another excess inventory situation here was AMD tries to thin the stack before RDNA4's launch?

Guess there are worse ways to do it than "we'll just pay you to buy our stuff".

Are we looking at another excess inventory situation here was AMD tries to thin the stack before RDNA4's launch?

Guess there are worse ways to do it than "we'll just pay you to buy our stuff".

Yeah. And they do this because these cards are selling so well, of course. As all the AMD jehovahs around here will tell you.

Last edited:
They do this because they

Yeah. And they do this because these cards are selling so well, of course. As all the AMD jehovahs around here will tell you.
It's true but isn't Asus pricing their 7900xtx higher than the 4080 super that is currently available at $999 according to Pcpartpicker website. Also there is a delta of $120 between the cheapest 7900xtx and the cheapest Asus 7900xtx ( MSI 7900xtx $909 Asus version $1029).
I guess it's better to make a promo campaign that they potentially use as a tax right off than reduce the prices like other vendors.

These cards are worth more on the used market, who is dumb enough to do this?

Sounds neat but there are some caveats - being that you have to use a card from ASUS, and by and large, the AMD-only card manufacturers (XFX, Sapphire, Powercolor and others) have been the best pick for cards, but also, the ASUS cards are more expensive, and for example, an ASUS 7900XTX is 985, and even with the discount, you can get something like an XFX Merc 310 Black Edition for cheaper still because of how the prices have moved for the AMD cards anyway, so I have no idea why they haven't just dropped the prices, as its not like their build quality or QA process are anything like leagues above the rest...............

-I have no beef with either AMD or Nvidia, I am currently using a 6800xt in my main and my old 980ti in my steam box, I usually switch back and forth.

My post wasn't a dig on AMD or it's miserable market share, just that we might be entering the "clear stock for the next generation product" phase of the RDNA3 lifecycle.

-I have no beef with either AMD or Nvidia, I am currently using a 6800xt in my main and my old 980ti in my steam box, I usually switch back and forth.

My post wasn't a dig on AMD or it's miserable market share, just that we might be entering the "clear stock for the next generation product" phase of the RDNA3 lifecycle.
He's a hard-core nVidia guy. I stopped being brand loyal after nearly 20 years of being an nVidia guy when my 1070ti died. I do tend to shill AMD, but that is because I daily Linux and AMD is doing a lot to help Linux gaming and the open source community in general. So I currently have a 6700xt and will likely buy whatever their highest end RDNA 4 product is.

I am currently doing what I call a "steamdeck challenge" where I use a steamdeck as my desktop for 30 days. Aside from the obvious performance issues associated with an APU, I haven't had any problems with it.

He's a hard-core nVidia guy. I stopped being brand loyal after nearly 20 years of being an nVidia guy when my 1070ti died. I do tend to shill AMD, but that is because I daily Linux and AMD is doing a lot to help Linux gaming and the open source community in general. So I currently have a 6700xt and will likely buy whatever their highest end RDNA 4 product is.
Actually, I have owned and continue to own more ATI and AMD GPUs than most people I know. It's not so much a case of brand loyalty as one of familiarity with AMD GPUs breeding contempt, where Nvidia GPUs have been reliably good to great.

As for shilling, I think it's fair to say that the AMD fanbase is extremely vocal and dominant on many forums - not least of all on this one - and I reckon the occassional reality check is fair game. I'm also a longtime Linux user - every system I have is dual boot - and as such I find it particularly galling to encounter so many claims about Nvidia's Linux support being subpar somehow, which is just flat out wrong.

I am currently doing what I call a "steamdeck challenge" where I use a steamdeck as my desktop for 30 days. Aside from the obvious performance issues associated with an APU, I haven't had any problems with it.
I haven't tried using my Steamdeck that way but that's mainly because I also have a Beelink GTR7 Pro that allows 65 Watts headroom to the AMD Ryzen 9 7940HS APU, so it is a bit snappier. I imagine the Steamdeck would work nearly as well however.

Actually, I have owned and continue to own more ATI and AMD GPUs than most people I know. It's not so much a case of brand loyalty as one of familiarity with AMD GPUs breeding contempt, where Nvidia GPUs have been reliably good to great.

As for shilling, I think it's fair to say that the AMD fanbase is extremely vocal and dominant on many forums - not least of all on this one - and I reckon the occassional reality check is fair game. I'm also a longtime Linux user - every system I have is dual boot - and as such I find it particularly galling to encounter so many claims about Nvidia's Linux support being subpar somehow, which is just flat out wrong.
Well seeing as you replied so politely to my comment I suppose I can return the favor. My problem with nVidia on Linux isn't 100% related to "crap drivers" it has to do with the user experience and having closed source drivers on an open source platform. The nVidia Linux user experience is trash compared to the windows user experience. Amd not only has open source drivers, but you can get third party drivers. And, really, the last straw for me was when the 30 series came out and NV wouldn't support newer standards on it. This was repeated on the 40 series with DLSS and I'm confident they'll do it again with the 50 series. So that was the end of me buying products from them.

I haven't tried using my Steamdeck that way but that's mainly because I also have a Beelink GTR7 Pro that allows 65 Watts headroom to the AMD Ryzen 9 7940HS APU, so it is a bit snappier. I imagine the Steamdeck would work nearly as well hhowever.
It's really just gaming I'm referring to but I knew that going into the whole thing. I'm mainly a Mint DBE guy but steamOS is Arch based, IIRC, but all of my programs from Mint run fine on it and I've had zero issues with my steam deck challenge

The cashback offer has made me finally bite the bullet and upgrade from my 1080 Ti (gone for the TUF 7800 XT - £85 cashback - if I also post a review) . Other option for similar money was the 4070 12GB (I'm in the UK) - at 1440p the 7800 XT is generally faster and with the cashback over £100 cheaper. I'll post again after I have installed and played awhile.

Cashback applied for (card arrived today) - fairly simple form to complete as long as you know your banks IBAN and BIC numbers (had to look these up). I'll post up again when I get the money - give you all some idea how long it takes. GPU itself isn't as heavy as you would expect given the metal shroud but seems solid enough and with a bit of jiggling fit inside my Alienware Area 51 R4 case. Yes it is bottlenecked by my cpu (about 8-10% in time spy) but I'll be turning the details and RT up to get the card playing to the framerate of my monitor (75Hz).

Hi everybody, although I registered for the cashback and it all worked relatively well, it seems that my DUAL 7600 8GB card does not qualify for a rate my gear promotion on the asus website. This is despite all UK retailers and ASUS clearly showing that I can get a 25 pounds cashback if I submit an eligible review. Anyone knows what is going on and whether this is false advertising or some kind of mistake somewhere?

Hi everybody, although I registered for the cashback and it all worked relatively well, it seems that my DUAL 7600 8GB card does not qualify for a rate my gear promotion on the asus website. This is despite all UK retailers and ASUS clearly showing that I can get a 25 pounds cashback if I submit an eligible review. Anyone knows what is going on and whether this is false advertising or some kind of mistake somewhere?
https://www.asus.com/events/promoti..._medium=LP&utm_campaign=OPUK-RMG-AMD-Cashback is it the ASUS Dual Radeon™ RX 7600 V2 OC Edition 8GB GDDR6? if so that is listed as eligible - as yet I have only had an email acknowleding receipt of the application for the £25 cashback.

https://www.asus.com/events/promoti..._medium=LP&utm_campaign=OPUK-RMG-AMD-Cashback is it the ASUS Dual Radeon™ RX 7600 V2 OC Edition 8GB GDDR6? if so that is listed as eligible - as yet I have only had an email acknowleding receipt of the application for the £25 cashback.
Hi thanks for the answer. YEs, that's the one, I cannot find the model on the link you sent although they list it on the advert going around all the UK shops. I contacted them on twitter and no reply...any ideas who to contact?

You could try the info@asus-promotion.eu email.
turns out it was my broadband provided, Hyperoptic which has a known issue with its IP addresses. Basically, my IP was registered as not being in the UK so the ASUS UK website would automatically redirect me to the ASUS USA website...unbelievable! Overclockers customer service suggested that this may be the case and as soon as I changed to my work PC/network I could access everything. Crazy! :(

I've had confirmation that I will be awarded the cash back for both the card and the review. Unfortunately it can be up to 90 days - so may not see a penny until June.

Back