TechSpot

AMD Sempron help

By Tonyw77
May 2, 2005
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I'm usually play with Itel stuff but I have decided to have a play with AMD.
    I bought an AMD semperon 2200 cpu and I'm going to put it on an Asus A7v8x-x board with 512mb of memory. I have been reading forums about AMD gear but they have not been very helpful (not this site). I'm trying to find some benchmarking between semperon and celeron as I believe they are competitors in the budget cpu market. Are Semperon Cpu's a waste of time ???? or are they ideal for office computing / mild gaming. Some knowledge or web site link would be great.

cheers
  2. andygibbs

andygibbs TS Rookie Posts: 76

take a look at this site

I had a quick look at the final page and of the two they tested (both similar value/cost), the sempron performed marginally better
  3. vnf4ultra

vnf4ultra TechSpot Paladin Posts: 2,195

4. Wotrop

Wotrop TS Rookie Posts: 112

Semphron is to celeron as P4 is to AXDA AMD is a bit better overall but they are almost equal.
  5. Tedster

Tedster Techspot old timer..... Posts: 10,074   +13

go with an athlon XP if you can. Sempron is slower and better suited for laptops.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.