AMD Stock Heatsink Is crap - Any Ideas To Improve Situation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TL93

Well the AMD Stock heatsink that came with my AMD Athlon 64 X2 5200+ is basically not sufficent enough at load speeds ~sigh~

Idle is 32 Celcius
Load is 93 Celcius

Ambient Temperatures are fine though

Idle is 31 Celcius
Load is 42 Celcius

BTW Fan Speed is at 100%!!!!

So will changing the thermal compound change the temperatures significantly? And also i have a 80mm CoolerMaster Fan that came with my HP computer for the Intel P4 which is actually awesome in cooling and noise at 100%. But i'll need a 70 to 80mm fan mount :(

Or

What Aftermarket Heatsink will be efficent but will fit in my HP Pavillion a1K Series Case? [Was too cheap to buy a new case since this case is working fine with cooling in general]

BTW will this fit?

http://www.ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=21233&vpn=FREEZER-64-PWM&manufacture=Arctic Cooling

Thanks,
Tim

i got that same chip and the stock is crap, havent replaced it yet though.

that looks good but im not much in Heatsinks so i really have no idea.

you will need thermal compound. i recommend Arctic Silver 7

Yeah i'll probably run down the Thermal Compound route since its cheaper and since i want a discrete video solution right now [3870 or 4850] :D

That Arctic Silver 7 is what i'm looking at, only $7.95 at NCIX :D

UPDATE

Well i think i'll go replacing my cooler :p

I guess Arctic Cooling better help or else i'll send an angry letter [not that it would help] :p

At the same time, HD 3870 time!

LAST UPDATE

Got the Arctic Cooler and it cools way better :)

Idle - 35C [Not Exact Numbers, will edit post]
Load - 52C [Used TS2 which is CPU heavy and Crysis]

The 3870 i installed after and temps didn't really change but at least i get good performence now :D

LAST UPDATE

Got the Arctic Cooler and it cools way better :)

Idle - 35C [Not Exact Numbers, will edit post]
Load - 52C [Used TS2 which is CPU heavy and Crysis]

The 3870 i installed after and temps didn't really change but at least i get good performence now :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back