AMD: The new GPU architecture

By red1776
Aug 2, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Mizzou

Mizzou TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 930

Good read, having a shared address space between the cpu and gpu opens up a lot of possibilities. Things have come a long way since the days of the 8086 and 8087, anybody here except me remember the NEC V20? That was my first processor upgrade from an 8088.
  2. red1776

red1776 Omnipotent Ruler of the Universe Topic Starter Posts: 5,847   +64

I didn't start paying attention until the Commodore PET myself, but just for you...cue Barbara Streisand....

[​IMG]
  3. Atham

Atham TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 517

Read the article too, however I didn't understand much of it.

red, aren't there any dates when the cards will come out? I have heard that between Q4 2011 and Q2 2012. I mean the specific cards, like the high end, the enthusiast's, office and etc...
  4. rockyjohns

rockyjohns Newcomer, in training Posts: 82

Silly me - I started with the Apple IIe. But I paid extra to double the RAM to 128 KB. And bought it with two external floppy disk readers (the "old version" of hard drive - and those were the real floppies before the floppy disk was enclosed in plastic and became a hard floppy disk) so I could have one for storage while the other ran a program - or copy from one floppy to another. It didn't even have a video card - or slot for one.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.