TechSpot

AMD thermal white paper

By boeingfixer
Apr 2, 2002
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hey gang,

I posted a reply to someone here and found this article on AMD's website about cooling and heatsinks. It is mostly boring but they give a good step-by-step on how to install a thermal probe into a HSF. I thought it very informative and thought I would pass it along.

AMD thermal white paper

2. uncleel

uncleel TS Rookie Posts: 1,145

3. svtcobra

svtcobra TechSpot Paladin Posts: 875

Unk, its a PDF file..

4. uncleel

"cannot be found on server"

5. svtcobra

hmm.. the link works for me. I dont think he can cut and paste anything because it is a PDF and he probably doesnt have the full version of Acrobat.

6. svtcobra

7. SuperCheetah

SuperCheetah TS Rookie Posts: 868

Not really many words, just alot of drawings and charts and whatnot.

8. boeingfixer

boeingfixer TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 1,245

Sorry for causing so much trouble. Here is the main link, scroll down to the bottom, it's the first item under "Built and Installation guide", it was posted March 27,2002 so it is fairly new. I know some of you Mod's have seen it all but alot of the newbies have not. If it is too much a bother, just delete the thread.

Here is the link

AMD Thermal, Mechanical, and Chassis Cooling Design Guide

I posted it as a thead cause someone JUST asked the question, I thought it easier for some to spot it right away instead of digging for it.

9. uncleel

I've been quoting this information for quite some time now. Most of this is available w/o downloading in pdf format
    http://www.amd.com/us-en/

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.