AMD to INTEL

By thewoosterisroot
Mar 18, 2006
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ok, so i was wondering (after searching through half this forum), is there any concrete way to compare AMD with INTEL, i mean, mhz wise, i mean, you look at and 64 bit 3800, and it says 2.0ghz, but a INTEL chip with the same price will be run at 3.0ghz....why is this? Does it have something to do with AMD(dual), vs. INTEL's (quad pumped fsb)? mabye this is a stupid question, but i was just wondering....
  2. Mirob

Mirob TechSpot Paladin Posts: 841

Here is a cpu chart,
    http://www23.tomshardware.com/cpu.html?modelx=33&model1=238&model2=212&chart=74

Intel's netburst has lower instructions per clock cycle(IPC) than AMD's K8. In short it has to run much faster to do the same work. IPC is something like 6:9 Intel to AMD.

I don't think AMD's numbers a very good guide lines. I have a 3200+ with a Winchester core and another one with a Venice core, and the Venice is much better.
  3. CMH

CMH TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,572   +9

Venice rox :grinthumb
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.