TechSpot

AMD to launch unlocked A8-3870 Llano APU

By Matthew
Jul 19, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. According to DonanimHaber, AMD is preparing to unleash a new flaghsip A-series Fusion processor by the end of the year. The A8-3870 is expected to ship with a core clock…

Read the whole story

2. jetkami

jetkami TS Rookie Posts: 99

Anyone know how far this thing will overclock? I am still with a Q6600 2.4 running at 3.5 on air. I would expect this to get to 4,5 atleast.

3. Steve

Steve TechSpot Staff Posts: 1,458   +507 Staff Member

Why would you expect 4.5GHz at least? Seems odd. We got the A8-3850 to 3.6GHz so I would expect about that.

4. Lionvibez

Lionvibez TS Enthusiast Posts: 620   +97

ya I would think 4.5 is a pipe dream or you been reading to many SB reviews.

I believe as steve said 3.6-3.8 sounds more reasonable.

5. fpsgamerJR62

fpsgamerJR62 TS Rookie Posts: 489

As the A8-3870 is basically a higher clocked A8-3850 with an unlocked multiplier, I suppose we will also have the option to add an entry level AMD video card to boost the system's graphics capabilities. Either way, the APU concept is shaping up as a viable means of building a low cost gaming PC.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.