TechSpot

AMD Trinity and Brazos 2.0 APUs ship to OEMs, launching this quarter

By Jos
Apr 20, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. AMD has confirmed that its next-generation accelerated processing units (APUs) under the A-Series "Trinity" and E/C-Series "Brazos 2.0" lines, have begun shipping to device manufacturers and should start showing up...

Read the whole story

2. 17 and 35 watts?. What I need is reviews :p

AMD should release a cpu in the same line than the celeron g530, that is a very powerful cpu and it is dirty cheap.

3. ikesmasher

ikesmasher TS Evangelist Posts: 1,943   +380

of course this is 2 months after i bought a liano. I knew it was happening sometime this month. Oh well..
    Still, a flipping 50 percent graphical performance increase...holy crap.

4. I personally hope that this will drive forward the ultraportable segment where the criteria is portability (11-13"), battery life, and price. The latter should be the difference between these and ultrabooks.
    AMD already made a good show with the AMD E-series. The HP DM1Z comes very close to being a perfect ultraportable to replace my aging Acer 1810TZ.

USB 3.0 should also be mandatory. Shouldn't increase costs by that much. Performance from both AMD and Intel is by all means adequate by now, so I appreciate that both focus on energy efficiency.

5. ikesmasher

ikesmasher TS Evangelist Posts: 1,943   +380

Im thinking it should head toward the budget multitasking/gaming laptop. But to each his own, the E series was stupidly underpowered compared to the A series, which did not cost too much more.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.