TechSpot

AMD's upcoming A8-3530MX mobile Llano APU detailed

By Matthew
May 16, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. DonanimHaber has published a report detailing what is supposedly the fastest mobile processor AMD plans to release in 2011, though this could be confused in translation. The A8-3530MX will launch…

Read the whole story

2. Route44

Route44 TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 12,168   +37

Thanks for this Matthew. I need to purchase at least one laptop by mid-July as I have been waiting to see what the Llano can offer. But until we get solid benching I'll take any article concerning Llano or Bulldozer with reservation (this is NOT directed at Matthew or TechSpot).

I'm hoping this article is true when it comes to the graphics because I am not impressed with current mobile offerings other than discrete graphics which raises the price of a system considerably. A shame we have to wait for a native USB 3.0 controller.

3. This is going to rock for tablets!

4. Vrmithrax

Vrmithrax TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,286   +232

With a 45W TDP, I'm not thinking so... This is definitely more of a laptop range CPU.

5. Kibaruk

Kibaruk TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,426   +117

I'm so going to wait for this before buying the new laptop I've been crying my friends about.

6. Well, it includes GPU also, don't forget this.

7. Vrmithrax

Vrmithrax TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,286   +232

If that's supposed to help the hope for it being used it tablets (hard to tell with all the Guest comments blurring together)... Keep in mind that so does the Tegra 2, which is being used currently in tablets, and has a TDP 10 times less than this AMD entry. Not saying it wouldn't make a kick-*** tablet - just don't see it being lightweight with good battery life, 2 of the top criteria for tablet success these days.

8. Kibaruk

Kibaruk TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,426   +117

For netbooks and tablets there is zacate.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.