TechSpot

Americans spend nearly an hour each day on their smartphones

By Shawn Knight
May 29, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. A recently published report from Experian Marketing Services found that on average, adults in America spend 58 minutes per day using their smartphone. Surprisingly enough, people still spend most of their time actually making phone calls as this activity accounted...

Read more

2. Yes Teenager just spend 1 hour NOT on there smartphone every day ;)

3. BlueDrake

BlueDrake TS Evangelist Posts: 350   +103

You end up seeing all sorts of people glued to their phone. Be it adults or teens, but of course adults have less free time. Teens on the other hand have too much free time, in terms of just general phone use for anything. All the time you see someone either talking, or head down texting as they walk around.

4. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 6,505   +2,055

Yeah the iPhone users have to spend more time on their phones just trying to get them to work. Once they've managed that they text their buddies advising them not to buy iPhone's.

5. Burty117

Burty117 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,920   +686

You really hate the iPhone don't you? xD

6. Railman

Railman TS Booster Posts: 708   +101

I spend more than an hour on my Android smart phone. Quite a bit on reading news on IT related web sites. I also use it for catch up on BBC radio shows. The camera get used if I see something interesting. Occasionally I play games (normally if shopping with wife). Using it as a phone or texting only amounts to a small percentage of use. By the way I am not a youngster.

7. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 6,505   +2,055

Not really. I just like niggling iPhone lovers.

8. ReederOnTheRun

ReederOnTheRun TS Booster Posts: 304   +62

Haha okay, not teenagers. I was going to say, it seems like the average teen would spend a lot more time on their phone in general and a lot more time texting than talking.

9. treetops

treetops TS Evangelist Posts: 1,953   +162

I wonder how long we spent on land line phones.

10. If only that one hour was productive. Or we keep feeding the telcos.