TechSpot

AMI BIOS source code and UEFI signing key found on public FTP

By Shawn Knight
Apr 8, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. The source code and unique UEFI signing test key for firmware developed by American Megatrends Inc. (AMI) has been discovered on an FTP server in Taiwan. What makes the news especially damning is that the sensitive data was allegedly stored...

Read more

2. howzz1854

howzz1854 TS Maniac Posts: 585   +79

We recommend owners to change their oil every 3000 miles. ~ think on that.

3. What kind of oil ???
    Really, I think it's better for a change of conventional oil every 3000 Km instead miles!

4. VitalyT

VitalyT TS Evangelist Posts: 1,929   +569

Track the good people down, and give them some time to think over this, say, 10 years behind bars, for compromising security of millions of sold computers.

5. JC713

JC713 TS Evangelist Posts: 7,026   +913

Wow. I bet there are tons of similar instances around the world that no one knows about.

St1ckM4n likes this.
  6. Jim$ter

Jim$ter TS Enthusiast Posts: 130   +22

Since were talking about changing oil...I change mine when my Accord tells me too which is around 9000 miles :) I think the Honda engineers know when their own engines need oil changes. You know old cars always said in the Manual to change oil every 7500 miles...till the oil companies got it in everyone's head that you have to change it every 3000 Miles. Think about that!

7. howzz1854

howzz1854 TS Maniac Posts: 585   +79

Hence my point, no one follows what's recommended.

on a side note, you can get the oil analysed by a lab. but better the oil you put in your car, the longer it can stay in your car. MobileOne for example is good in most cars for up to 10,000 miles give and take. it all depends on how you drive, it wears differently.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.