Amilo Li2732 Windows Installation problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

DjKraid

Hi!

So I have a Fujitsu Siemens Amilo Li2732 And the old 250Gb HDD just went blank and now when i try to install windows xp pro on it the setup starts but it says:

----------------------------------------------------------------------
---Windows XP Professional Setup
Setup did not find any hard disk drives installed in your computer.

Make sure any disk drives are powered on and properly connected
to your computer, and that any disk-related hardware configuration is
correct. This may involve rinning a manufacturer-supplied diagnostic
or setup program.

Setup cannot continue. To quit Setup, press F3.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

I can see that the computer can find the hdd in the bios and when i ran a ubuntu live cd it also found the hdd..!

I have tried with an other (60Gb) HDD and I have also tried with Windows 2k and Vista Ultimate but I just get the same result with it...

So What to do..?

Partition and format the new hard drive on another computer. You can puchase or borrow an external USB 2.5 inch enclosure to do this

Yes tried that but it just halts when the setup schould start...the "second" setup...i copied the windows xp files om my pc and after that i just put the hdd back in the laptop...

On fujitsu siemens web sites when i serchend for drivers i had to klick in "All Operating systems" so i could see the xp driver...but it just said "Unsupported" so the laptop dosn't support Windows XP? -how the hell is it then possible to downgrade from vista to xp..? I just dont get it....

A second thing that would maybe help is if i would flash the bios BUT there is no file that can be downloaded and then put on an CD/FDD....there is only a .exe file that should be executed in windows and then it does everything...or something...it just sucks when its that way made...

But does anyone know if its possible to flash the bios in some other way..?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back