Amilo Pi 1536 Charger/Battery Heat problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys, new to the forum.

My girlfriend owns a Amilo Pi 1536, she's had for about 2years and never had any major issues with it.

But in the recent month or so, theres been quite serious problem. The charger connector (the metal/plastic bit that connects charger and laptop) gets very very hot, touch it and you get slight burnt! The charger tip has had to be changed, the plastic had melted and smelt burnt after awhile. So, the tip's been changed and the the overheating tip is still an issue.
And now the tip has (i think) melted inside the laptop and is stuck inside the laptop. how can i remove the laptop charger connector from the laptop?

The laptop it self seems to be working well and quite hot, but with the norm (I think). Its just the charger connector tip that's the problem.

Any help guys!! Please!!
Could it be the charger not working correctly? The laptops PSU not up to scratch? Bios problem? ... I don't want the laptop to stop working altogether!!

PS. the laptop was bought in Spain, and we're in the UK (if that's a possible problem). Battery life isn't great. Already cleaned the laptop with compressed air and have the fans with good access to air (the laptop is on "stilts").

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back