Amps and Receivers for Home Theatre System

Status
Not open for further replies.

suby007

Hi

I'm planning on buying a good home theatre system(any recommendations).

Anyways I wanna know should I buy a receiver or an amp to connect the home theatre to all my multimedia hardware(PS3, Projector , DVD, Blu ray)

Also what is the difference between receiver and amp?

Is it better if I have both a receiver and an amp?

Thanks,
suby

Well I can't recommend anything really because you haven't said what your budget is. The difference between a receiver and an amp is the receiver is both a tuner, preamp and an amplifier. While an amp is just an amp! If you decide to go the separates route, you will need a preamp to go with the amp. Personally I prefer to have separate components. On the other hand, your asking what the difference between the two components says very limited knowledge of HT. So I would recommend you go with a receiver.

hey there,
i work as a computer tech and also install home theater systems. i would recommend getting a new yamaha or denon amp. yamaha's have great sound modes. both av receiver brands have 4 HDMI 1.3 input ports. then you could hook up a ps3, etc. both av receiver lines have multi zone amps which mean you can put speakers in other rooms or combine the main zone with zone 2 for dolby 7.1 or 7.2 surround sound. hope this helps, i can recommend specific models if you posted a price range.

So I wanna use a home theatre in Pakistan...we got 210/220 over there. Is a 110V -220V converter gonna work fine?

Can you tell me some good home theater systems with a receiver for under $300?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back