An honest opinion...

Hi everyone!
I'm writing this post today because I'd like to show you a music video I shot and edited for a friend of mine.
I am not a professional videomaker and this is not a job but just a passion.
I just want to ask you your opinion about the video, what I did wrong and how I could do better.
I hope you will enjoy it and also I hope not to waste your time with this post.
Here's the video:

Thank you very much!!!

Thats not my style of music so I honestly didn't listen to the words. I give a thumbs up for the video quality. :) There was definitely professionalism in the video quality even though you say you are not a professional producer.

The only thing I would suggest is changing the surroundings more often, especially when rapidly switching small video clips.

Not my style of music either, but the video is well done. My only real criticism would be that, in the first minute, there are too many perspective changes. Ideally, you would want them to place emphasis on a particular line or mark a transition to another part of the song. Between 0:20 and 1:00 this only happens twice and the rest feel like they are just for show. Overall, though, this is a very professional looking video. Well done!

Well done. You obviously have the talent and the training for this. :)

I'm not sure what the song was about. I tend to fix on the rhythm when listening to this style of music. The video seemed more about the artist than it was about the song, though. Perhaps that was intentional?

Growing up in Detroit I've been exposed to this genre of music my whole life. Its nice and well put together. I really enjoyed the hook. The general content of the lyrics are very well put together and flow nicely. GL

Back