An issue with keyboard

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, here's the thing.. A few hours ago a friend of mine came to check on my desktop computer for it had some problems. After he had gone I noticed that the keyboard was functioning weird. I think it's really a small problem and has something to do with the settings but I just haven't got a clue what to do. The problem is, the letters are all mixed up.
When I press 'a', 'b', 'c' the results are 'a', 'x', 'j'. 'D' becomes 'e', 'v' becomes 'k', 'w' becomes '.' etc.
Could someone please help me out?

No, that's not the problem because the keyboard is mapped correctly. Only it gives the wrong letters everywhere: internet browsers, text documents, whatever.
Also, it runs on Win XP.

It's not the problem of the keyboard but the settings in which case I haven't managed to solve it. With other computers the keyboard's perfectly fine.

Have you tried a system restore point from a few weeks ago?
It sounds like a system32 dll is corrupted. you can try Start/Run then type This: SFC /scannow

I would like to join this thread please. My new Toshiba Laptop displays the wrong uppercase symbol when I depress the shift key? Ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back