TechSpot

Analyst suggests Yahoo could buy Netflix

By Shawn Knight
Jan 5, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Just one day after Yahoo officially announced PayPal President Scott Thompson as their new CEO, speculation is running rampant that one of his first moves at helm could be to…

Read the whole story

2. howzz1854

howzz1854 TS Maniac Posts: 585   +79

he's either the biggest ***** on revealing a post war strategy.... or he's got an leg in Netflix shares. i wouldn't mind Yahoo buying Netflix.... i think anyone at this point will do a better job than Hasting.

3. You should look @ what the CEO said. They don’t need Netflix when Yahoo can offer the same thing in streaming. He is a thought. What if it was strictly advertising driven? You know like it used to be for the big networks. Free to the public! Netflix people would leave and Yahoo wins!

That is the real story.

4. If yahoo buys netflix, i'll stop using netflix. I can't believe they've followed in AOL's footsteps like they have. I tried to help a relative over the holidays stop using that stupiod yahoo webmail, and just use a light email client...only to find that she would have to pay a monthly fee to yahoo to do such a thing! Hotmail/Live mail is free...google mail is free... and yahoo has to follow aol's decision of making people pay for email...or give it away free on a crappy web interface with way too many ads. Horrible.

5. Tedster

Tedster Techspot old timer..... Posts: 10,074   +13

I will definitely cancel netflix if yahoo libtard news buys it. Yahoo constantly endorses the democrat party and I cannot tolerate it. I cancelled my paid email account with them a few years ago.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.