Analyzing hijackthis log from a PC with a vundo trojan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Jar27,

Your still infected and Java is out of date. Please follow all steps.

Welcome to Techspot!

My name is Blind Dragon and I will be helping you with your Malware problem. During the course of our interactions please be sure to follow all instructions carefully, and ask questions if you are unsure of how to proceed at any point.

Please have a read here-> Is your system infected? Read this before Cleaning or Formatting

If you decide to clean your system please follow these Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions and post back in this thread with the requested logs. There should be at least 3.

1)MBAM Log
2)SAS Log
3)Hijackthis log (scanned after completing all steps)

This thread is for the use of Jar27 only. Please don't post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Help analysing a hijckthis log file from a pc with a vundo trojan

Hello Mate,

Thanks for the advice and links that were given. It took me a while (a full day) but I have finally done all the necessary housekeeping and cleaning. I also have some new log files for you to review. I have again attached them to this message.

Thanks again for the advice and I hope everything is okay with my system. Here are the 5 attachments.

View attachment 34728

View attachment 34729

View attachment 34730

View attachment 34731

View attachment 34732

Hi Jar,

Looks like we removed quite a bit of malware without much effort,

Before moving on

you now have 2 firewalls installed Mcafee and ZoneAlarm - please only keep one and uninstall the other - judging by the enormous amount of malware on your machine you may want to reconsider Mcafee -

In my opinion you should uninstall it and Pick up Avira Antivir or Avast for antivirus and keep zone alarm for firewall - if you do this please run a full scan with the new Anti-virus after updating it. The choice is yours either way - after you decide please run and attach a fresh hijackthis log

If you instead decide to keep Mcafee then uninstall zone alarm - update Mcafee and run a full scan - then post updated hijackthis log

===============================================

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back