Anarch?

"better" as in "even more outrageously expensive" or "even more teenagers getting wet dreams when dreaming about it"? :p

Why are the pages stuck together in my PC Gamer on the pages which have Alienware adverts?? :p

v4_intel_top.jpg
v3_amd_top.jpg

v3_intel_bottom.jpg
v3_amd_bottom.jpg

Well, you did ask for it :D

And as for the topic, I've never heard of, nor can I find, any pc manufacturere called "Anarch".

No no! It's not the computer company. Anarch is what the computer is called. But I was just wondering if you guys have ever heard of it so nevermind.

The thing about any of these companies that sell "custom rigs" is that they are only as good as their service contracts. You pay a premium price for something you could build yourself. Building yourself allows you more options as far as components, you also end up with a true one of a kind system when you build yourself. The only benifit to buying prebuilt is that you usually get a warranty that usually includes tech support and possibly a Parts and Labor service contract for a given amount of time. If the company stands behind that contract when something breaks, then it might be worth it, if not, or if they give you trouble when you need something fixed, then you'd be better off building it yourself for a fraction of the cost.

No this company is really nice, and they're computers just blow your mind ;) really fast, smooth computers. My brother bought one like around mid December and is already planning on selling it. Not because it sucks or anything, he just doesn't seem to like computers anymore. (Yeah I know, he's weird ;))

OK, you seem to be missing the point.
1. You can build a machine using the same components for less money.
2. The pretty cases they use do not make the machine run any faster than a plain beige case.
3. The service contract and your own build ability are the only factors that play a part in selection of a machine other than the components.

NO company can build a machine better than any other company, with exception of maybe places like go-l.com which overclocks and tweaks everything to its limits, and you pay a very high premium for those monsters. For the most part, all these companies use the same basic components, which just happen to be the same components you can buy. <sarcasm>I know its a wild concept, but its true</sarcasm>

Storm> That's true with the exception of AlienWare's new Graphic system which utilzes 2 PEG cards. And somehow I doubt they'll allow similar cards into the retail chains....

Back