Android 4.3 Jelly Bean spotted in the wild, expected next week

By Shawn Knight
May 8, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. The next version of Google’s mobile operating system is already in the wild according to a number of reports around the web. Android 4.3 Jelly Bean hasn’t been officially announced yet but is already being field tested – effectively pushing...

Read more
  2. lawfer

lawfer TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,272   +90

I knew this would happen. It was simply too early for Key Lime Pie. KLP will be out on the next Nexus, most likely announced in September or October.

(Some rumor Motorola is up next for the Nexus flag.)

I'm pretty sure this version of JB will have even more progress on Project Butter. The real question--seeing how the announcement is now inevitable--is, when will non-Nexus devices get it? I hope CM picks it up as as fast as they picked up 4.2.2, which was in less than a week of it being released.

As for non-rooted phones, well... welcome to Android.
  3. hahahanoobs

hahahanoobs TechSpot Booster Posts: 853   +84

4. veLa

veLa TechSpot Booster Posts: 437   +70

Well Motorola is making the so called 'X Phone', which would probably be fairly close to stock android and should have some decent specs. We can only hope that it's not just a match for other current gen devices like the One/S4 and actually surpasses them in performance/abilities.
  5. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 2,212   +524

Oh well, I'll upgrade my Android phone when 'Custard Slice' gets released. That reminds me, it's almost dinner time.
  6. H3llion

H3llion TechSpot Paladin Posts: 878   +80

Looking forward to it, I have yet to root my S4 but will do it anyday soon. I wonder what they will call the next one though (from Jelly Bean to?)
  7. tipstir

tipstir TS Ambassador Posts: 4,492   +73

Then 6 out next year after the release of 5. They need to make sure they fix the glitches but they don't seem to be doing that.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.