Android passes BlackBerry in the US

By Emil
Apr 2, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. 69.5 million people in the US owned smartphones during the three months ending in February 2011, up 13 percent from the preceding three-month period. For the first time, more Americans are using phones running Google's Android operating system than Research In Motion's BlackBerry, according to comScore. Having passed the iPhone in the preceding three-month period, this now means that Android has been crowned king in the US.

Read the whole story
  2. Microsoft does not have a chance with Nokia since two bad players can't form a successful team. The article affirmation is way too hazarded: WP7 has at the current date too many shortcomings, is restricted only to premium hardware and Nokia is not exactly known for its innovative approach. They may end up giving some serious competitor to Android and IOS - but right now the things doesn't look to well.
  3. gwailo247

gwailo247 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,105   +18

Why pay for detailed market analysis when you can get such insightful forecasts here.
  4. It appears the percentages on Android are off in the article. They list 19.6 to 26, it's actually 26 to 33, not sure where 19.6 came from. That makes it look like Android is second, not first.
  5. not enough app writing for blackberry, I'm switching this month because of it, I'll miss my blackberry's keypad but that's about it, they need to step up the apps
  6. so when you dump your blackberry, what are you getting?
  7. I was so looking forward to having Android on a Nokia device. Now that Microsoft bought Nokia's obedience for 1 billion dollars it does not look like I will be able to get one of the shelf.

To bad for Nokia. Great for those who choose WP7, just wish there was a choice.
  8. streak 5, was on sell with laptop deal
  9. matrix86

matrix86 TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 795   +8

Um...i'm confused. I was quoting these number to a friend of mine when I realized something...they don't add up to 100%. The November numbers only add up to 97.4, and the February numbers add up to 97.6. So...what's with the missing numbers? What am I not seeing here? I realize it won't change the leader board, but I still like for my numbers to add up right, lol.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.