TechSpot

Angry Birds creator Rovio ready to go public after strong 2011 earnings

By Shawn Knight
May 8, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Rovio Entertainment is now set for a stock market listing after posting strong earnings for 2011 that saw sales jump tenfold over the previous year. Some analysts have valued the...

Read the whole story

2. slh28

slh28 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,925   +170

That's a price/earnings ratio of almost 200 compared to an industry average of 15... hmmm
    If I were Rovio I would cash out right now, $9bn is twice as much as EA is worth and is pretty insane for a company which only makes a single game.

3. this guy should honestly be in jail, the game angry birds is a stolen idea with a few childish tweaks. go check out the game gunbound which has been out for years. angry birds sucks and is a stolen idea

4. RH00D

RH00D TS Addict Posts: 412   +106

I'm pretty sure games based on the concept of "Fling X at YZ" have existed long before Gunbound and even before our games were digital. The only difference is Rovio was able to earn wild success with his implementation of the concept.

5. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 12,654   +323

I can't believe they'd even want to go public. There is almost no way they'd do well past the first week.

6. slh28

slh28 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,925   +170

That's the point - cash out while you're ahead and share the risk with the investors.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.