TechSpot

Angry Birds Space downloaded 10 million times in first three days

By Shawn Knight
Mar 27, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Angry Birds maker Rovio has announced via Twitter that the latest release in the bird-flinging series was downloaded more than 10 million times during the three-day opening weekend. The early…

Read the whole story

2. Archean

Archean TechSpot Paladin Posts: 6,059   +76

Unfortunately I decided to take the plunge and download Angry Birds Space, to find out what all this fuzz is about, and it happily crashes after 2-3 levels on my HTC Sensation (still on gingerbread). So moral of the story, I'd rather stick with my favorite pool game I play during meetings ;p

3. Moral of the story is actually that you need to get an iPhone.

4. Yeah, so you can pay for it.

5. Why pay for an overpriced under performing phone when I can have the game for free and a phone that does what I want it to...

6. Uvindu

Uvindu TS Enthusiast Posts: 153

Like crash when your playing games?

7. Ha you'd rather see the ads then pay 99 cents. El Cheaporio you are ... exactly what google needs.

8. NTAPRO

NTAPRO TS Enthusiast Posts: 811   +91

Lmao

9. I uninstalled Space in a matter of days. It's less satisfying than other versions of Angry Birds. It also seems to have been designed for pad rather than phone. Also the ads are quite a bit more intrusive and actually interfere with the game, whereas earlier versions you could usually play around the banner ads. In fact it seems Rovio has gone back to those earlier games and added bigger and more invasive ads to them as well. With all the ad space and multiple loading of content, the game is more sluggish. It’s simply no fun anymore. Angry Birds RIP.

10. from torrent i have pc verison and is super!!

11. Trillionsin

Trillionsin TS Evangelist Posts: 1,095   +43

why does techspot allow guests to post.... seriously?

12. i also have PC version, and you know where it came from!

13. Sevrin

Sevrin TS Rookie

No.. I'd rather see some ads instead of paying 99 cents on game and and 700$ on phone.

14. Burty117

Burty117 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,512   +314

You did pay $700 for your phone as well.

Plus I don't understand why anyone would tolerate the ad's in this game, they really are right in the way this time round!

Plus if your prepared to spend that much on a phone, how much REALLY is £59? I mean, really?

15. guest user is freedom!!!
    thats why it is!!
    anyway, old angry birds was boring, this is awesome. i start and end the day with it!

16. TitoBXNY

TitoBXNY TS Enthusiast Posts: 134   +17

I just purchased my copy for $5.95, If you're bragging about getting it on a torrent or any other illegal way. You are telling us how much integrity you have as a person. Think about it.

17. NTAPRO

NTAPRO TS Enthusiast Posts: 811   +91

Or just demonstrating that they can do it because they can :eek:

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.