Annoyed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all just joined the forum earlier this morning. I am having a rather annoying problem, my old PC died and i upgraded to a new PC with the following ramifications:

Chipset: Intel Pentium Dual Core CPU E2180 @ 2Ghz
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA 945GCM-S2L
Graphics Card: ATI Radeon 2400 HD Pro 256mb
Ram: 1gig
PSU: 550 W Antec.

if im missing any extra info on the system please ask not sure ive left anything important out. But the problem is the system is only a week old i had a video card fault which no longer allowed the monitor to display my desktop , so i had the video card replaced - not a problem. the annoyance is even before the monitor problem with the first video card ive been getting BSOD's since i brought it home saying 2 different messages but with the same numbers first is a Page_Fault_in_Non_Paged _area ,and the second message is Page_Fault_in_Non_Paged _area Win32K.sys.

These BSOD's usually occcur while im playing online games and are tabbed out of the game and am using the net and generally pop up tabbing back into the game.
Also Have recieved as follows : The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x10000050 (0xe1240304, 0x00000000, 0xbf89412b, 0x00000001). A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini022008-01.dmp.
The question is how do i fix this new PC to stop the BSOD's? is there a way to read the minidump file?

0x50 errors can be caused by several things as the following description from auhma.org shows:

0x00000050: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
Requested data was not in memory. An invalid system memory address was referenced. Defective memory (including main memory, L2 RAM cache, video RAM) or incompatible software (including remote control and antivirus software) might cause this Stop message, as may other hardware problems (e.g., incorrect SCSI termination or a flawed PCI card).

Read the sticky here in this forum entitled "Before posting your minidumps" by Julio.

If you still have trouble finding an answer then attach your minidumps in your next post or two.

If you paid for this as a 'built' system, take it back NOW and have it fixed!

If not, say so! Shops do NOT like people messing with things and then complaining.

:)

Yes it was bought

yes i had bought this Built set up from a store . I just recently uninstalled my Spybot Search & Destroy software so far no BSOD's but ill update my video drivers as well and should this persist then i'll take it back to the store and have a few choice words.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back