TechSpot

Annoying glitch! Please help!

By Broken_Sparrow
Aug 22, 2005
  1. I basically know nothing about computers, and this problem has been plaguing me for the past year or so, so basically, I desperately need help!!

My computer keeps restarting for no reason, and it happens usually when I'm playing games (PC, online games), or trying to burn a CD. I don't think it's the computer being overheated, since it happened when I turned on the computer after a whole night's rest, and started to play a game I had, and it just suddenly restarted.

Can anyone help me please? I don't even know what's wrong with it, and so far, the problem is just annoying since it ruins my CDs I'm trying to burn, and also my game-playing time, but last time, it became so bad that I couldn't even turn on my computer and I had to get rid of all my data and reinstall Windows.

Thank you very much!

Sincerely,
    Sparrow​

2. bigp07

bigp07 TS Rookie Posts: 28

not much help

Something sort of like that happened to my computer. It would re-start when I was playing games, then it got really bad and i tried re-installing the OS but now it'll just have the Gateway load screen, and as soon as it finishes loading, it will re-start and will keep doing this over and over until I hold the power button and shut it off. Unfortunately I never did find out what the problem was, but i didn't really bother either because it had a really slow AMD processor, 20 GB hard drive and 256 MB RAM, so it wouldn't exactly be my dream machine. I have been messing with it and looking around in the web lately so i will tell you if I find out any info on the stupid re-starting "glitch" that started it all.

3. Broken_Sparrow

Broken_Sparrow TS Rookie Topic Starter

Glad to know I'm not the only one

Yeah, it's not exactly a computer you would really bother on. Mine did the whole restarting thing at the Windows logo as well, until it simply wouldn't turn on anymore :( But mine has so much data on it. I had to erase EVERYTHING last time, and I don't want to do it again TT_TT. It's basically the only reason I'm not buying a whole new comp--that, and no money :p Recently though, I heard on the news that sort of the same thing is happening to Windows 2000 models, but it's a virus that only happens to the 2000 model. I've been trying to look all over to see what my comp problem is :( Well, guess we'll keep each other updated, hmm?

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.