Annoying permissions (?) popups in Internet Browser

Status
Not open for further replies.
Windows Vista Home Premium Edition

Suddenly, about two days ago, I've started getting the following popup on my browser on almost every single window as I navigate through a site, shopping for an item:

This site contains both secure and non-secure items.
Do you want to display the non-secure items?

A couple of other annoying windows pop up asking from time to time, if I will allow Adobe or Roboform to open a window I'm requesting. Even though I check to not ask me in the future for this site, they keep popping up and sometimes two or three times in immediate succession before I can open the window. I didn't change any settings.

Do I need to change something in my brower settings to stop this annoyance. I can't do anything until I respond to the popup. It never did it before. Have I downloaded an update that changed my brower 'permissions', if that's what you call it. Where exactly can I go to adjust the settings to stop it? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

It's a setting in the browser. Are you using IE7?

Here is a good, basic reference site: http://computerperformance.co.uk/vista/vista_network_ie7.htm

I'm going to send you on a safari to find the setting!
Access Internet options> Advanced tab> Security section> UNCHECK 'warn if changing between secure and non-secure mode'> Apply> OK.

if I will allow Adobe or Roboform to open a window I'm requesting. I can't do anything until I respond to the popup
I suspect that the pages have a redirect on them and as a safety feature, you have to Allow the redirect. I have the same thing on Firefox and it is a nuisance. I don't know if IE7 can be reset for this.

If this is NEW behavior, resetting IE may work:
To use RIES in Internet Explorer 7, follow these steps
:1. Click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options.
2. On the Advanced tab, click Reset.
3. In the Reset Internet Explorer Settings dialog box, click Reset.
4. When Internet Explorer 7 finishes restoring the default settings, click Close, and then click OK two times.
5. Close Internet Explorer 7. The changes take effect the next time that you open Internet Explorer 7.

Note If you cannot start Internet Explorer 7 for some reason, use RIES from Internet Options in Control Panel.

RIES restores the default settings of the following features:
• Home pages
• Search scopes
• Browsing history
• Form data
• Passwords
• Appearance settings
• Toolbars
• ActiveX controls
RIES resets the following settings:
• Browser settings:
RIES resets all user-defined browser settings to Internet Explorer 7 defaults. These settings include those that are set by installed extensions, toolbars, and other add-ons. If you have administrative credentials when you are running RIES, the corresponding computer settings are located in the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE registry subtree. RIES resets these settings to Internet Explorer 7 defaults. These settings include all the customizations that you can make to Internet Explorer 7 by using the Internet Options dialog box. For example, this resets security settings, privacy settings, and zone settings.

When you get back, let me know more specifically what the pop-ups are other than the one about secure/non-secure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back