Annoying sound!!

Maybe it was an ad showing at the time you loaded the page. I don't get any sounds when displaying that page (yes my speakers are turned on :p ).

strange didou!
it has done that for some time. but only in that format of page.
i went back to that page again after receiving your reply, and it done it again. closed the page and then returned, guess what? nothing. no sound.
it would be interesting to see if anyone else has found that audio nag?
it's the sound of a mosquito or similar.

none that i see. i have just been back to that page and it's not there now. i will get back to you should it start up again. OK?

I get that annoying buzzing sound a lot, when I visit Techspots html pages like that one. If I click the Read with Formatting link, the page becomes normal and the sound stops.

To the best of my knowledge, this has been happening for quite a long time.

Regards Howard :)

I don't get any ads on TechSpot that make sounds, but I think I know what your talking about with the "mosquito" sound, because there IS an ad out there that invovles you having to hit a fly/mosquito, and YES it does make a REALLY annoying sound.

I hate those ads that tell me I'm qualified for a free iPod Nano....:mad:.....and like Joe said, that stupid buzzing noise.

I`ve just done some checking and it is the mosquito add. It`s at the bottom of some of our html pages. The add looks very dodgy to me. In the case of the one I just looked at, it says "Zap the mosquito and get a free laptop" Yeah right ;)

Funny how I never see the add on any of our normal pages.

Maybe Julio can get rid of it altogether.

Regards Howard :)

howard. because you are well known for removing annoyances, i bet you worked and waited all night to find it and sort.
if anyone is going on holiday where there are mozzies, take howard:grinthumb who needs repellent?? :haha:

Hey everyone... I'm currently out of town but I may be able to target this ad and remove it ASAP. Thanks for your feedback!

BTW, TechSpot does not run any kind of intrusive ads (audio, pops, etc.) on purpose, however there might be the occasional slippage. You can always report here and get our support first thing :)

Back