TechSpot

Anonymous publishes details of 16,000 Finnish residents

By Leeky
Nov 9, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. The Finnish arm of the hacktivist collective Anonymous has issued a statement claiming responsibility for exposing 16,000 people living in Finland, including a parliamentary aid's affiliation to an active neo-Naziā€¦

Read the whole story

2. gwailo247

gwailo247 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,105   +18

Punishing everyone for the actions of a few. I believe that is called collective responsibility.

Hm. Sounds familiar. Who exactly used that to punish their enemies...oh yeah, the Nazis.

Ironic.

3. Not to make light of it, but pulling a Godwin on post 1 is impressive.

4. princeton

princeton TS Addict Posts: 1,716

Impressively bad.

5. Hey Annonymous, do something productive and that actually matters. This sucks.

6. treetops

treetops TS Evangelist Posts: 1,690   +60

Thumbs up f nazis

7. fimbles

fimbles TS Evangelist Posts: 1,276   +153

Freedom of Information in my opinion is always a good thing.

"We strongly recommend and invite you to check it out. You may find out your neighbour or best friend is a ******* Neo-Nazi."

I would rather have the resources available to check than not.

8. gwailo247

If they didn't hack a Neo-Nazi website, I'd agree with you.

But they did, so I consider the comparison more valid to the point and less Godwin-esque.

If you're going to oppose a bunch of people for espousing Nazi ideals, it probably would not help to use the same tactics yourself.

9. fimbles

fimbles TS Evangelist Posts: 1,276   +153

Did someone edit the naughty word from my earlier reply?

Its copy and pasted the from the original story!

How elitist! Im phoning anonymous :) hehe

10. Butch

Butch TS Enthusiast Posts: 112

I am so sick of hearing about these morons!

11. OMG! 16,000 Nazis not only still exist, but some even have gov jobs!
    Thank god their info is out there...i'd rather know who'll be the next person creating concentration camps and committing genocide.

Thank you Anonymous

12. ikesmasher

ikesmasher TS Evangelist Posts: 1,951   +388

Anyone who thinks this was a good idea is an *****. just saying.

13. mailpup

mailpup TS Special Forces Posts: 8,462   +229

The forums have an automatic filter for "naughty words."

14. Tanstar

Tanstar TS Enthusiast Posts: 199   +18

All 16k were not from the neo-Nazi site. The article clearly states that the names were gathered from many sources, only some from the neo-Nazi website.

15. Why ? Are you afraid that your name may show up ? Thumbs up for Anon, they sure know how to deal the pain !

16. DokkRokken

DokkRokken TS Rookie Posts: 275

... Until Anon decides an organization that you're affiliated with is 'bad.' Then you may end up changing your tune.

17. gwailo247

Doesn't even have to be that. Some of these 16,000 were posted to get back at the sites that were hosting the information and had poor security. Like if you oppose Wal Mart's corporate policies, and you start shooting greeters.

This is the worst kind of hypocrisy. Did any gov't officials who are in charge of these things get their info posted? The executives running these companies? Any official documents? No. Just innocent people (again, not talking about the Neo-Nazis). The politicians already don't give a **** about the people, what are they going to care if the information of the people gets exposed? This does absolutely NOTHING to change things, except make the lives of thousands of people more difficult, especially when you get children left behind with no reading comprehension skills assuming all 16,000 are neonazis.

And the freaking sheep pop up here praising anyonymous for fighting the good fight.

All you Anon supporters are going to tell me that if Anon hacked some website that you happened to have your personal information on, and posted it, you would not be bothered, and applaud the fact that they struck another blow against the man? You all would really be ok with having your name and SSN out there for anyone to read, and it would be fine? I call BS on that. This is just the same hypocrisy - its ok for other people's information, but I guarantee you all would be the ones bitching the loudest if you were the one it happened to.

18. Mindwraith

Mindwraith TS Enthusiast Posts: 186

im so sick of these guys

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.