Another BSOD issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

From day-one with my HP Pavilion dv9700 laptop Vista (32) has been crashing. At first it was when I would disconnect from the internet, and thought it was a dialing issue (my DSL provider supplies a poor dialer and even worse support), so I setup the VPN connection to go straight from windows with the appropriate settings, and that worked, but it didn't stop the blue screens. Then it started happening when I would use any online communication software with video streaming - Skype, Gmail Video chat. Now it just happens randomly, and I've noticed that when I leave my computer connected to the net overnight I wake up the next morning and it's usually sitting with a BSOD.

I ran a memory check that came back clean. I've attached 2 of a huge list of minidumps (I'm not kidding, I cleaned them up a few months back, and I've already got like 20 more). I was hoping somebody would be helpful enough to debug them. I'm a programmer, but have little experience with this side of windows, although my hunch is a faulty driver, although I couldnt tell you which one. Stab in the not-so-dark, it's the Realtek network driver - from the internet symptoms, but don't hold me to it.

In addition, it is probably worthwhile mentioning that as far as I know I have the most up to date versions of all relevant drivers, i recently flashed my bios. im open to alternate suggestions, but as far as other-things-to-do go, I think I've pretty much done them all. Now I'm just frustrated and impatient and growing less and less fond of windows.

Thanks in advance :)

Both errors are 0x0000007F: UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP and is defined as one of three types of problems occurred in kernel-mode: (1) Hardware failures. (2) Software problems. (3) A bound trap (i.e., a condition that the kernel is not allowed to have or intercept). Hardware failures are the most common cause and, of these, memory hardware failures are the most common.

Both dumps cited Windows OS drivers. This first is ndiswan.sys and the other tdx.sys. Normally, Windows drivers are too general to be of much help.

However, both this drivers have to do with networking. It is quite possible either your NIC card/Ethernet drivers need to be updated or you have a faulty NIC/Wireless card that needs to be replaced.

thanks champ! lets hope this is just a software issue, i couldnt be bothered taking this to the manufacturer to argue over whether im misusing the system and try and prove there is a hardware issue.

in any case, ive tried to take care of my network driver. ill be back if theres anything more to report.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back