Inactive Another Google redirect issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm yet another person dealing with the Google redirect issue. I have attached the log files as directed in the "instructions" thread and welcome any help that I can get in resolving the problem!

Attachments

• DDS 06-26-2010.txt
    16.2 KB · Views: 1
  • Attach 06-26-2010.txt
    10.8 KB · Views: 1
  • GMER 06-26-2010.log
    1.7 KB · Views: 1
  • mbam-log-2010-06-26 (19-23-40).txt
    894 bytes · Views: 1
  • mbr.log
    327 bytes · Views: 1
Before I forget, a bit of background on the problem:

Last week I suddenly got a pop-up notification from Symantec and Windows Defender of a mal-ware infection. Ran a Symantec scan, Win Defender, MBAM, HiJackThis, and SpyBot (several times each), removing numerous mal-ware and trojan infections. Everything seemed ok initially, but started noticing the Google redirect issue occasionally, along with other link redirects. Fast forward to today, and I'm getting the Google redirects for any search and any link (much worse than before), along with a random restart without warning, and a bit later music started playing full blast with no programs running and no unusual process running; I could only stop it by shutting my system down (could not mute or even lower the volume!). Started digging around the net and came across this forum, and see that the redirect issue is quite common, unfortunately.

It looks like your post was missed by us. We apologize for it.
If you still need help, please reply here and we'll go from there.

I decided to format the hard drive and start from scratch, so the "Google redirect" issue has been fixed.

Now, I'd be interested in discussing how to make sure that the data I backed up is not infected (it is on an external hard drive) but perhaps that should be a new thread?

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back