TechSpot

Another Joyful RuneScape Lag Problem

By Jilliferd
Dec 23, 2009
  1. Ahh, this must be common. ;[ I read all the other Lag threads for RuneScape and unfortunately it did not help. I also looked up solutions on hundreds of sites and this is the first site I’m asking questions on. And I’m not a computer junkie, so excuse the unspecified computer talk. Help please?

Hmm, I play RuneScape quite often, or atleast I DID, before my dad introduced this piece of crap computer into the house. When I do play, everything is slow, and edgy. Nothing moves smoothly, and every 10-15 minutes (if I'm lucky) I get disconnected.

System:
    Microsoft Windows XP
    Media Center Edition
    Version 2002
    Service Pack 3

Computer:
    Intel Celeron processor
    1.0 GHz, 256 MB of RAM (Oh my god, my other computer had 528 MB of RAM. ;-; My baby…)

Java Version 1.5.0 (build 1.5.0_15-b04)

I’m pretty sure that the reason it doesn’t work is because of the RAM, but isn’t there a way to fix that, like messing with the virtual memory or something?

I CAN’T use the latest version of Java because Runescape didn’t even load when I had it, so I uninstalled that, and installed different version. I don’t know what update it is, but it works a heck of a lot better than what I had before.

My dad is a cheapskate and absolutely refuses to buy a new computer or any components for it that will make it run smoother. And I can’t get a job. ;w;

And no…I’m not going to quit playing RuneScape so don’t even suggest it please. =/

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.