TechSpot

Another "my computer restarts randomly" post

By abzazia
Feb 23, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hey,
    My computer restarts randomly, and i mean REALLY randomly. Sometimes when its idle, and somtimes during high stress.
    I ran memtest & updated my bios.
    I did the thing so that windows won't restart automaticly, but will show me the BSOD, but it still restart with no BSOD, so i think its a hardware thing.
    Acoording to what u guys wrote here in all kinds of posts, it should be either CPU heat, or PSU problems.
    I don't think its heat, beacuse it happens during idle times just as it happends during high stress times.

My specs:
    Processor: Intel core 2 duo E6400
    Motherboard: Asus P5B
    Mem: DDR2 512Mb 533MHz CL2 Kingston
    Graphics: Sapphire Radeon X1950PRO 256MB PCIe
    PSU: Enermax Noisetaker 420W
    1 7200RPM SATAII HD
    1 CD/DVD Burner; 1 1.44" drive
    2 PCI Cards (Tv, and wirless network)
    2 12cm case fans
    2 USB devices constanly connected (mouse+keyboard)

1. Does any of u know of any software that will log my CPU temp, so i can review it and check what it was just before it restarted?
    2. Do you think its the PSU? because eXtreme Power Supply Calculator says the max PSU i need, +35% is no more the 409W...
    3. When i have a power failure in my house, my computer won't turn on again for a while. u think it got something to do with the restarts?

Thanx ahead,
    Help?

2. GameJunkie72792

GameJunkie72792 TS Maniac Posts: 357

how old is the psu?

3. abzazia

abzazia TS Rookie Topic Starter

all the parts are about 2 months old, but the problem exists since i first assembled the computer.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.