Another Ram not working properly issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone. Let me start off my saying that I am a general newb when it comes to the inside mushy part of the computer.

With that said, I recently purchased...off of ebay...some ram:
2GB 2 Sticks X 1GB PC3200 DDR 400 PC 3200 2700 2100 MEMORY RAM (SnT brand)

The previous ram I had in my computer is 2 sticks of
Corsair Value Select 512 MB Memory - DIMM 184-pin - 400 MHz ( PC3200 )

So, basically I wanted to upgrade from 1gb total to 2gb

I open up the computer and replace the two sticks of old ram wih the two sticks of new ram in the same slots. I try to then start the computer but I get a repetitive long beeping noise. The computer power light is on but there is no signal sent to the monitor.

I freak out thinking i destroyed my computer, but put the old sticks back in their old slot and now everything is fine.

Before I write a message to the ebay store I brought the sticks from, could any of you quickly tell me why my computer might not be accepting the sticks? Is it an issue with the sticks or with the computer itself?

The computer is custom built. It's current specs are

ASUS A8N-E
Each memory slot can hold DDR PC2700,DDR PC3200 with a maximum of 1GB per slot.*

# Maximum Memory Capacity: 4096MB
# Currently Installed Memory: 1GB
# Available Memory Slots: 2
# Total Memory Slots: 4
# Dual Channel Support: Yes
# CPU Manufacturer: AuthenticAMD
# CPU Family: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4200+ Model 11, Stepping 1
# CPU Speed: 2211 MHz

I appreciate any help...wish computers weren't so intimidating to me....

Jason

Hi, I have has this problem before and 9 times out of 10 it is a RAM problem. First make sure that you have firmly pushed them in the slots because sometimes they dont go all the way into the slot.
There is a way to check if it is just one of the stick that are broken thought. If you take all your RAM out of the computer and put One of the new sticks in and see if it works, if not take that one out and put the other in and see if that works. If not then both are faulty so I would email ebay and ask them to be replaced.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back